Kenai Alaska Guide

jerryt

Looking to go fishing for a few days while I am in Alaska for the First week of September. Was wondering if any of you have an recommendations for some good quality fishing guides on the Kenai River as well as the Ocean. I will be there for 7 days and want to bring home some quality fish.

cjack

PM me jerryt, I have a really good friend that guides for six weeks every summer on the Kenai. He has been at it for the past 5 years and everyone who goes has a blast. He sets up a canvas tent with all of the amenities and they always do very well with the fishing plus he has connections for sea fishing and float plane trips if desired.

rvrrat

If you want to flyfish for some really nice rainbows and dolly's then I recommend "Troutfitters" in Cooper landing. I released everything and I believe that's what they prefer. It was a combination of bouncing artificial plastic bead eggs along the bottom and some top water dry fly stuff, quaility fish, largest rainbows I'd ever caught along with some dolly's up to 5 pounds. It was late July so in the afternoon I set up for reds (sockeye) to take home and caught them at the ferry crossing. Check out Alaskaoutdoorjournal.com private reports to get a feel for whats going on, a good resource with lots of info. They also post the salmon run counts.

Last edited:

Live2hunt

Forever Hunting
Two of my brother lives in Anchorage. They told me if anyone wants to fish for salmon, just bring your gear and find a map or use a GPS to get where the Russian River flows into the Kenai, then fish away. If you don't know what to use or how to fish, go watch for an hour or two on how the fishermen there are doing it, then join them. My brothers said that one side of the Russian river was a wildlife sanctuary, but last year they opened it for the fishermen. They might open it this year too.

rvrrat

The ferry is right where the Russian flows into the Kenai. Lots of bears in the area. If you follow the msg boards you can track where the fish are concentrated. Last time I went the bulk of the fish were down at Bings landing. Of course if you get a guide, then your set.

Top Bottom