Kentucky Elk

Glass eye

Reaction score
To those who have applied before I have a question; Can you choose between bull and cow tags or is your credit card charged for the tag, be it bull or cow ?
KY is long drive and I wouldn't do it for a cow.

Kentuck

Reaction score
Glass eye,

You don't get a choice. It's completely random in the draw. You draw what you draw. This year is 100 bull tags and 300 cow tags. You don't pay until you are drawn. Only the $10 entry fee. If you get drawn let me know. I have lots of family back there and my cousin got a cow there last fall. Bulls pushing 400 are there. Guides are cheap compared to western hunts. Wouldn't really say it'd be a tough hunt. here is a link to the KY F&W website http://www.kdfwr.state.ky.us/navigation.as...avPath=C151C540

and a pic of a bull my cousin watched last fall....

Attachments

Glass eye

Reaction score
Kentuck
If you draw, do they automatically charge your credit card or do you send in a payment ?

Kentuck

Reaction score
I believe that you don't pay until you are notified that you were drawn. I have a call to my cousin to make sure.

Glass eye

Reaction score
I called them and they said I would have to send in the payment. That works for me, if I draw a cow I won't pay and I'm sure it'll go to an alternate.

Kentuck

Reaction score
That's what I thought. They will also send you a bunch of info about the hunt, areas and so forth. You can drive there in three days no problem. Shorter if you just put the metal to the pedal and go straight through. Go to this website and browse it for any other info. Sort of like JHO only just for KY hunting....
http://www.kentuckyhunting.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=46

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom