KERN PLANS TO OPEN OCTOBER 22: Great News

Duck Fan

Great News About Kern!

Today we learned the following details:

They have started Fall Flood up which they hope to continue that flooding up to the Christmas Holiday. Then water would be shut down for a time and then start up again in January.

Their projected allocation of water means they should flood up approx 4500 acres. This is HUGE! That doubles anything they were able to do during the drought.

They continue to work on a staged flood up map but for the opener, this is planned:

OPEN ON TIME – Oct 22

Quota of hunters per unit to be open on Opener:

Free Roam Unit 2: 26

Free Roam Unit 1A: 7

ADA Blind: 4

Blinds (4 ea) 1, 2, 4 ,5: 16

Total Quota: 53

bigfoot1488

Great News About Kern!

Today we learned the following details:

They have started Fall Flood up which they hope to continue that flooding up to the Christmas Holiday. Then water would be shut down for a time and then start up again in January.

Their projected allocation of water means they should flood up approx 4500 acres. This is HUGE! That doubles anything they were able to do during the drought.

They continue to work on a staged flood up map but for the opener, this is planned:

OPEN ON TIME – Oct 22

Quota of hunters per unit to be open on Opener:

Free Roam Unit 2: 26

Free Roam Unit 1A: 7

ADA Blind: 4

Blinds (4 ea) 1, 2, 4 ,5: 16

Total Quota: 53
So awesome to hear that. I love Kern.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chavarriamj

Thanks Duck Fan for the info. I new they were going to flood just didn't know how much. I put in 2 weeks ago for every hunt day at Kern. I am afraid to look! Might just wait and see if I get something in the Post Mail.

Mj

Top Bottom