Kern Refuge

RuddyDuks

Reaction score
Just curious how many people hear hunt Kern ? Do any of you use a marsh boat or layout boat at Kern and what type do you own? Been thinking for a long time about getting one .

azdukfever

Reaction score
A JOHN BOAT WOULD BE THE BEST OR A STEALTH BOAT,LAYOUT BOATS ARE NOT ALOWED AT KERN OR ANY PLACE IN CALIFORNIA THAT I KNOW OF.UNIT ONE IN THE FRONT YOU WILL NEED A BOAT TO GET ACROSS THE CHANEL UNIT TWO YOU CAN WALK FOR THE MOST PART 1A YOU DONT NEED A BOAT BUT YOU NEED TO BE AT LEAST 6 FEET TALL .GOOD LUCK AT KERN HAD ALOT OF FUN THERE AND MADE ALOT OF GOOD FRIENDS,OH KILLED ALOT OF DUCKS TOO.

Jay

Reaction score
It's my understanding that you can hunt from any boat in California as long as it's not a sinkbox.

Webfoot

Reaction score
Ruddy, the ideal boat for Kern would be light, able to use in shallow water, and easy to drag around on a cart, cuz your probably going to be doin some walking to your hunt area.

Good luck with your decision !

hntndux

Reaction score
are these something like a John Kerry Swift Boat? sorry I just couldn't help myself...it's Friday and I've got the hunting bug bad...just having a little fun.

Top Bottom