Kern River camping, lots of trash and human waste left behind may cause camping closure

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
From the Kern River Conservancy Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/KernRiverConservancy

"Don’t say you weren’t warned. The Forest Service put up warning signs today at several problem campsites along the Upper Kern. Please camp responsibly and Leave No Trace."

essmanfam2

Reaction score
The amount of trash left around in Kern County is absolutely despicable! I hate what this area has come to. It’s not just these campsites as this is an issue in the whole county. I’ve noticed a similar problem at the State Park campgrounds over in Pismo. I have a suspicion on the main contributing culprits, but it doesn’t really matter as our State has no intention on stopping this. Ultimately, it will end up only costing those that actually care.

D8hntr

Reaction score
The amount of trash left around in Kern County is absolutely despicable! I hate what this area has come to. It’s not just these campsites as this is an issue in the whole county. I’ve noticed a similar problem at the State Park campgrounds over in Pismo. I have a suspicion on the main contributing culprits, but it doesn’t really matter as our State has no intention on stopping this. Ultimately, it will end up only costing those that actually care.
You're right. It's everywhere. Hart Park, Lake Ming. People are slobs around here and the whole state, actually. I was noticing all the trash along the Westside Parkway on the way home yesterday. It's ridiculous and I don't see it getting any better.😕

essmanfam2

Reaction score
You're right. It's everywhere. Hart Park, Lake Ming. People are slobs around here and the whole state, actually. I was noticing all the trash along the Westside Parkway on the way home yesterday. It's ridiculous and I don't see it getting any better.😕
I drive the Parkway twice a day and get to see the beauty of the locals. My kids are getting to where they notice and comment on all the litter as well.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
same down here, Azusa cyn, east and west fork of the river there, deep creek, mill creek, all with tons of diapers, broken coolers, tagging, hot frito bags etc.

The other day i was coming down azusa cyn as some ghetto rats were tossing their empty beer bottles and busting them in a turn out. I pulled in and they showed me their pistols in their waistbands and with no cell service, I drove on and called it in at the bottom of the hill. Every turn out on hwy 39 has broken bottles , trash, tagging and burn out tire marks from the tuner aholes.

essmanfam2

Reaction score
same down here, Azusa cyn, east and west fork of the river there, deep creek, mill creek, all with tons of diapers, broken coolers, tagging, hot frito bags etc.

The other day i was coming down azusa cyn as some ghetto rats were tossing their empty beer bottles and busting them in a turn out. I pulled in and they showed me their pistols in their waistbands and with no cell service, I drove on and called it in at the bottom of the hill. Every turn out on hwy 39 has broken bottles , trash, tagging and burn out tire marks from the tuner aholes.
It is so sad what our society has become and what our children will be inheriting. Sitting at a stop light a while back I saw a guy take a diaper off of a baby and shove it down in bush in a parking lot.

D8hntr

Reaction score
I drive the Parkway twice a day and get to see the beauty of the locals. My kids are getting to where they notice and comment on all the litter as well.
Same here. To and from work. It's real bad from Calloway on ramp to the Coffee off ramp.

ChrisAMX

Reaction score
There's always tonsof toilet paper and trash, especially during the hunting season in and around Mt. Pinos and Frazier Mountian as well. I dont understand why people dont bury their poops.

Top Bottom