Kids say the darndest things

Common Sense

Reaction score
Last weekend the wife and I went to the cabin and took along our ten year old grandson. The grandson had $12.00 to buy a knife at the little mountain store. Stopped at a yard sale on the way up. In a display case at the sale was a crossbow, and as soon as he saw that he asked "Is that a crossbow?" The homeowner assured him it was and discussed how far the bolts would go and still stick in a tree... Another customer was astonished that my grandson would ask "Is that a crossbow?" and was laughing and telling everyone else about the question the little boy asked.

After finding out the crossbow was $10.00, the grandson forgot all about his knife and asked if he could buy that instead. I told him it was his money and he could spend it as he wished. The other customer looked strange when my grandson paid for the crossbow, and carefully went to the truck to put it away. I thought the other customer was going to bust a gut when my grandson returned and yelled: "Hey granddad, we better not tell mom about this huh?"

I was amazed at how accurate and hard it flung those bolts. He was shooting them into a big piece of styrafoam at about 20 or 25 yards, and they would usually be completely inside the foam. He had to use pliers to retrieve his ammo.

Buck-eye

Reaction score
nice feel good story. A memorable grandfather/grandson moment. Shhh!

Top Bottom