killin jacks in my own back yard!!!!

fishnhuntfreak

Reaction score
so its somethin like this....... i have a chip on my sholder for jack rabbits and ground squirrels i dont know why i just hate them(is their some kind of 12 step program for this?) but long story short is i like to sit on my back porch with my trusty .17hm2 shooting all them peskey jacks and manage to get a few every day now im am starting to notice a decline in the numbers and iv already compleatley got rid of the ground squirrels (i know i have to much time on my hands i only work 3 or 4 days a week which is bad for the varmits in my proprety.) what I am asking is where is their to hunt jacks and/or ground squirrels on public land close to redding? thanks for the help and ill ty to get some pics up of the caranage i cause with the .17hm2 soon as i figuar how to upload them from my cell phone

brushstomper

Reaction score
You might have a shot going out to Palo Cedro or up Hwy 44 and ask some ranchers if you can shoot on their place. As I know they usually don't care for ground squirrels either. I used to shoot a lot up in Hayfork but that is a drive. Hour and a half one way kinda curvy if I remember correctly. What about Anderson? Good luck and have fun!

fishnhuntfreak

Reaction score
went out yesterday evening for about an hour and shot 3 jack rabbits before it got dark on us. once it got dark on the drive out of the dirt road we must have see 20 jacks in 20 min. what is the law can i hunt at night for jacks because it is a varmit?

IK13

Reaction score
No you can't and jacks are legally classified as game, not varmints.
Actually I pretty sure you can't hunt vamrints either at night (without any kind of special permit that is).

DEERSLAM

Reaction score
You can't hunt jacks at night...trust me I know

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom