Kind if a bad day yote hunting

Wino

Reaction score
It was one of those days were everything goes right but we managed to Ef it up. On our 1st stand we had a yote show up right behind the caller in 30 seconds. ###Eric was up first and he some how missed and easy 50 yard shot. On our way to the next spot I spot a yote laying in a low spot the middle of a newly plowed dirt field. He was 480 yard away according to the range finder. Not a comfortable shot for me so I belly crawled across the open to get with in 280 yards. But he spotted me as I was putting the legs down on my bi-pod and split. A few minutes later we see another one walking on the beach making his way to us. We travel down a ditch to head him off. Right when we get in position an boat full of duck hunters comes by and spooked it. BTW...were at the Salton Sea so that's why there's duck hunters. We then proceed to the next spot I want to call. We set up and start up the Foxpro with snow shoe hare....because that's something a dog in the desert hears all the time right? About 10 minutes in I see 2 hard chargers coming in to my extreme left. I tell Eric its all him because I don't have a shot. Eric was sitting to my left. Didn't want to blow his ears out. He waits till they get pretty close and takes a shot at the lead dog.........and misses. But he recovered fast, jacked another round in...... bang flop. One down. I tell him stay seated as I switch the fox pro to pup distress. (fox bang didn't do it automatically for some reason) and we waited. A minute or 2 later Eric says he see one looking our way. I find it in the scope just as he commits and starts to charge in. Then I see another one coming with him. I tell Eric "Take right Ill take left. Wait for me to stop them." I bark and the one I'm following stops and turns broadside. I put the cross hairs on him and squeeze the trigger.......missed. What the ef! Sun must of got in my eye, even though it was behind me. Eric shoots at the other as he runs away and misses it as well. That sucked. But we did get one down and it was cool having 2 doubles roll up on us. The one Eric got was pretty big for this area. Felt like a 45 lb dog. Must be feeding on all the wounded ducks washing ashore this time a year. LOL

Wino

MariotheBarber

Reaction score
Nice dog you got there, interesting read. Somedays you got it, somedays you don't haha

Latest Posts

Top Bottom