Kings Range Conservation Area

ak_o_sniper

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has hunting b-4 on the kings range conservation area along the lost coast?

AAA

Reaction score
Yes and it sucks. Big and nasty and very few deer and did i metion thick. U just have to love to go hunting for fun if you want to hunt there. That being said i have killed a couple of bucks out of there. There is much better hunting just about every where else i have ever been no joke!

ak_o_sniper

Reaction score
Thanks. Just wondering because i'm getting a b tag and thats the first place that opens up.

DonaldCMartin

Reaction score
I used to bowhunt it in college, ONLY because it opened first and I was desperate to actually hunt. I saw a few bucks, nothing better than a 12-13" forked horns. I never flung an arrow, but I was bowhunting!!!

If there's been a big fire out there, you might have a chance, otherwise, too brushy, not good deer habitat. The best deer habitat is on the fringe of the public ground.

Watch for lots of poison oak, be polite to the locals and watch out for pot-plants.

bux-n-dux

Reaction score
I've spent some time out there just 4 wheeling and have to echo what has been said here. I was looking for places to hunt but wrote it off as way too thick and brushy. Game is in there, but good luck finding it. I did see more black bears that trip than in all other trips I've ever been on. Total of 6, including cubs. Didn't see any deer however. Sure is really beautiful country though. I once hunted a bordering timber lease during the short time I was in WU, and saw quite a few deer out there but only 1 legal buck.

Give 'Em Hell,

bux-n-dux

ak_o_sniper

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. Maybe I'll save some money on gas not driving all the way out there. Good luck to getting tags in the mail this weekend.

northernbuck

Reaction score
you just have to know where to find em, that has been my favorite spot to hunt for the last 10 years this my latest buck from public land in that zone, the bigger one is mine. an 18" 4x3 that weighed around 115 completely gutted ,skinned and de-headed. the other is a very nice forkie that my buddy got off his land the same day

Attachments

Latest Posts

Top Bottom