Kisser buttons

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
I have had problems from time to time being consistant on getting my bow drawn to the same exact spot on my cheek every time. Prior to archery season, I shoot a 3-D target in the yard for about 8 weeks. I thought about using a kisser button, but I dont like the idea of adding more clutter to my bow. I have limb savers, cat whiskers and dont want to add anything else. Just wondering what you guys do to be consistant without using a kisser. Even with practice, I still find that from time to time, I'll shoot high or low, or even to the side because I am not centered in the exact spot with every single shot. But when I draw and know "that is the spot" Im dead center, I can feel it, everything feels just right. And when I don't, I know it also, and can't seem to find it.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
Best thing going I feel for this is the "No Peep" mounts under your site this will give you precise ancoring with nothing attaching to your string, will train your mechanics for much greater accuracy, Follow thru on your shot. mentally allow your Bow Hand to do NOTHING. and you will see vast Improvement, I know I did.

I used a kisser button and a Peep, then just a kisser. Now only the No Peep...greatest thing going, give it a try.

Dan

Schoettgen

Reaction score
Shorten your draw length a bit, I like to be right against the wall at full draw. Lower your poundage. Maintain back tension.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
I like this idea of No Peep, but I am not quite understanding how it works. It mounts under the site, how do you use it with the site? Is it that you look at the pin and what it is on and have to look at the no peep to see if the dot is clear.

Reaction score
I had a problem like yours for quite some time- two things "I" did from recomendations of great Brothers- not that the same helps for me may be for you, just what I have found for myself.

I was overdawn- I was pulling 32" and now I am down to 31 1/2" on bow without having to go to draw stops. I still had an ocasional arm slap from either overtouorquing the handle or my wrist release was out of adjustment. (it is hard to get the velcro to the same spot every time you put it on for your finger I think form the strap- unless you fit it 1-5 times.

I am using a 4 finger release now (with a thumb lever- until I can properly learn the back tension release). ((the way of back tension still scares the snot out of me as I am still not sure when it releases- so I use it as a back only at the range)) BUT- it shortened up my draw another 1/4" and I love the asspect that I can put my release in my pants pocket or shirt pocket with out having to put on a release when on a hike and comming accross the unexpected game w/o making the noise of velcro ripping and not having to wear it all the time.

The other thing was my Peepsite was originally set to low on the string. I used to unknowingly tilt my head forward instead of straight up full body and string was not on my nose. The pic below shows how my head is leaning forward and I am trying to look through my peep instead of my peep just being there for me. You can see the difference between my son and myself from our body position. No wonder he alwasy spanks the old man
Another thing is I wear contacts and to two times I have shot with glasses- the peep is more in focous. I am willing to try the laser surgery non dominat eye first- but I am in need of a $ donor

GL2 you and don't get frustrated- it only gets more fun with the passion it gives you

Dan

Edit: another thing since my peep was raised- I used to put my arrow fletch in the far corner of my mouth. It is impossible for me to do so now. Thanks Brothers

Attachments

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Sierra-ex~ Thanks for the post, I enjoyed reading it and looking at the picture. I also see the difference between you and your son with the way you grip your bow with your bowhand and he is relaxed and fingers opened. I have been doing alot better in finding my shooting position. I too have been placing the fletching in the corner of the mouth. But the most obvious memory for me is how the string rests against my nose and cheek area. I have never had anyone photograph me shooting, but Im sure I do some of the things that you have done also, like tilting the head forward. I have had the draw lenght shortened, I also had a D-loop placed on the string instead of the nok. I like the D-loop alot better, but it took some time to get use to.
I think all in all, it is just taking time practicing to get the right form. I think I get a bit rusty between seasons, and for that reason, I want to look into some 3-D Shoots in my area.
Once again,
Thanks

Latest Posts

Top Bottom