Klamath

Scank

Inactive
Reaction score
I understand the people involved with the Klamath water lawsuit have lost the case. The Klamath website news release page indicates that the government is leaning towards paying off farmers for thier lost crops. Does anyone know about water for the waterfowl? The farmers are going to be taken care of, how about the CWA and the hunters?
O.K. no more Mike bashing. I don't want to anger anyone or hurt anyone's feelings. Sorry guys, I apologize.

Jay

Reaction score
That was big of you Scank.

You can play in the marsh as long as you're nice and share the toys.

jerry d

Reaction score
Not real familar with all the details. Only followed this through the internet and newspaper, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Nice to hear some of my tax money may be used to provide relief for citizens of this country rather than lining the pockets of some dictator.

I don't remember hearing any politician that showed up at LK for the photo op's mention ducks in their "speech" to the  crowds.

One problem ducks have - they don't vote or carry a protest signs so it's our duty as sportsmen/conservationist to do what we can to see that they're also included in the equation. The LK area is one of the most important waterfowl sites in the Pacific Flyway for waterfowl returning to the nesting grounds. In my humble opinion, the physical condition of ducks reaching the nesting grounds are as important as concerns over the disruption of caribou calving areas in the Artic National Wildlife Area.

I've made my concerns known to my state and federal rep's but as expected - no responce. Must not be an election year.........

(Edited by jerry d at 12:33 am on June 6, 2001)

Top Bottom