Knight Disc 45/PwrBlt 225

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
I took the Knight 45 disc 26" barrel to the range today. I shot 1" high at 50 yards with pwrblt aerotip 225 gr backed by 150 gr of pyrodex pellets. I then moved to the 100 yard target and was hitting 6" high, I adjusted the ramp site and I zeroed at 100 yards w/ 3" groups.
Just wondering does that sound right? I expected to be much lower at 100 yards, instead of high. Wonder where that will put me at 150, and 200 yards now. And I didn't expect to be around 5" low at 50 yards with it zeroed at 100. Hmmm. Any input out there?

RandyWakeman

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hideandwatch@Aug 2 2004, 08:36 PM
I took the Knight 45 disc 26" barrel to the range today. I shot 1" high at 50 yards with pwrblt aerotip 225 gr backed by 150 gr of pyrodex pellets. I then moved to the 100 yard target and was hitting 6" high, I adjusted the ramp site and I zeroed at 100 yards w/ 3" groups.
3" dispersion is way too much to decide exactly where "POI" really is.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
thanks for the reply.....so then what is considerd tight enough to tell POI?
Im shooting off the bench, and I don't know if I can get it any tighter than that. Maybe I didnt even explain the groups properly. They are ....as follows...the first shot just at the top edge of what would be a 10 on the target, and to the right. second shot outer edge of the nine and center, but to the right. third shot outer edge of the 9 and 1" high of center, and to the left.

Wolfhound

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hideandwatch@Aug 2 2004, 05:36 PM
Wonder where that will put me at 150, and 200 yards now.
I would not try that with open sights. Regarding your question, how big was your 50 yd group? Did you shoot at 75 and see where it was at? You should probably drop your powder down to 2 pellets. That will likely help your accuracy some and could help with your problem. At least try it to see what it does.

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
No I dont plan on shooting out past 100 yards with the open sites. Im going to add some see through rings and a scope.
Without the higher scope, it makes it difficult to clean, and Ml is difficult enough without having a scope in the way. I had the scope on it, but it made it difficult to clean and get the breech plug out. I was afraid I would damage the scope. Guess all I can do is keep taking it to the range and shooting it. Maybe try a sight vice next time. I will also try the 100 gr load in it.

RandyWakeman

Reaction score
Originally posted by Hideandwatch@Aug 6 2004, 06:12 AM
I had the scope on it, but it made it difficult to clean and get the breech plug out.
That's why quick release rings work so well for many muzzleloaders (Warne, Talley, etc.)

Hideandwatch

Reaction score
Randy~ Thanks for that tidbit of info! Are they available through Bass Pro or Cabellas, and do they make see through? I'll have to go to BP and Cabs online catalog and check. Thanks again, I never knew of them.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom