Labor Day openers bite!

Tominator

Reaction score
Is nothing sacred? Federal law mandates that no migratory bird seasons can open prior to 9/1 and SC mandates that if a season opening date falls on a Sunday that the Saturday before will be the opener, except in the case of federal restraints, so I will have to wait until monday to shoot doves! Shooting doves on the saturday before labor day is a tradition that shouldn't be messed with. This happened 3 times in the 90's alone. My proposal is this: Since there are 365.25 days in a year, causing us to have a day added in february (leap year) so the calendar will work out in the long run, why don't we simply make the second (you know, 60 of 'em in a minute, etc., etc.) a little bit longer so that one calendar year=one timed year and do away with this leap year crap.

Tominator

songdog

Reaction score
Yeah, but every 100 years they don't have the leap year even when it's scheduled... wouldn't that throw it all off

SoCalTed

Reaction score
Sell your house with 7 acres in SC and move on over to SoCal.  You can get a comfy one car garage (no living area) and a spot of bermuda grass for your money.  Then you can also become part of the hunting minority that we are all members of and drive 6 hours to go hunting (anytime you want).

Tominator

Reaction score
Ouch!.............OK, I've thought about it and decided that I will continue to bitch about it as a service to my hunting brethren in SoCal. Think about it, the wider the gap between the haves and the have nots, the less that will be targeted for removal from the have nots, ie, as long as we have it made you can point to us as an example for what you deserve based on the disparity that exists.

Tominator

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
SoCalTed,

When you mean garage, you actually mean a carport right? And the bermuda grass is actually dandelions!

SoCalTed

Reaction score
You're right fullsack - but my HomeOwner's association does not allow the dandelions to flower, as the yellow is not in the CC&Rs as an approved softscape criteria.

Tominator

Reaction score
Hey, anything I can do for the oppressed, I will! Endeaver to persevere! We will overcome! One day we'll all be singin' "free to hunt at last, free to hunt at last, Thank God almighty, we're free to hunt at last"!

Tominator

Latest Posts

Top Bottom