Lake Arrowhead

mjohns2

Reaction score
I'll be at Lake Arrowhead this weekend..... Are there any good places up there to find any rabbits?

GSP

Reaction score
Ive been cruzing the dirt roads past the arrowhead gun club /pinicles and all the way to deep creek and havent seen any rabbits ,deer ,coyotes etc . Saw some quail and several rattle snakes. Saw 2 deer in a secret area . The place is lacking wildlife. maybe the weekend worriers on their dirt bikes have run everything  off.
  Rattle snakes were the only big game animal I saw last year....lol

Maverick

Reaction score
GSP, i will tell you where the secert rabbit spot for the deer spot..

GSP

Reaction score
Chris -- I did alot of glassing last year near deep creek ,saw nothing , There were some hunters around but dont think anyone got a deer .
   Saw 2 seperate deer up off 173 at dusk . last week and the week before. The guy at the hardware store says there some pigs near silverwood.
 Im going to scout around dirt roads near silverwood next
Wish i had a jeep cherokee to drive my 3/4 to chevy 4x4 truck is a slow rough ride on those rocky rough roads.

(Edited by GSP at 4:57 pm on July 5, 2002)

Maverick

Reaction score
I have heard about the pigs near silverwood but never heard of anyone taking one. I went looking for rabbits near fishermans retreat. We saw lots of rabbit but never got close enough to take any shots. I had my shot gun and we were just walking around. The rabbits never went more then 3 feet form the thick brush. The only time I even seen them was when they saw us and took off.   I did get one yote though and saw 2 other we were not even calling them.

rusman66

Reaction score
I have spent a lot of time around the silverwood area, never seen pig or any sign.
Doesn't mean they aren't there, just never seen em.    I will let ya know if I ever do.

seahonk

Banned
Reaction score
i also  herd of wild  pig  at  silverwood   and  herd  of  someone  taking  one  with  a  bow   the  pic's  are at some  archery  shop  by  glendal ,  and  as for rabbits   at  arrowhead   i  have  a buddy  who live's   there    and he  say;s dont  wast your time  , but  lots  of  coyote's   i have spent  a few nights there  and  herd  them  and  if  you  have not noticed   there's  no  cats  there  lol ,   well  this  is  my  first  post   on this  site    been  posting  at some  other  site  ,   but  no  one was  from around here  (cal)  but  i  see  alot  of cali's  on this site  cool    i  only  got  one  buddy  who  hunts  and  fishes    whith  me   and he's   been  working alot  lately,  oh  well  thats  it  for my first  post    but  more will  follow  ok  sea  ya  

JustBob

Reaction score
Seahonk-Welcome to Jesse's. Glad to have you aboard.
You work morning shift or just cant sleep?

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
Seahonk:
Welcome to Jesse's, you've come to the right place to find California hunters. Probably over a 1000 on the site.  There's even several in your backyard (Whittier, Hacienda Hts., Diamond Bar, La Habra).  Check out the other forums and see if you can make it out to one of our JHP hunts.  Next one is in Arrowhead for coyote, and then a Blythe dove hunt, and on, and on.  Your going to enjoy the group here, great guys.

JBarn3

Reaction score
seahonk,

Welcome to the forum. There's a few of us here in Whittier now. Check out the mule deer forum, Brian S. has posted some nice pictures from the local hills.

Enjoy the forum, I look forward to hearing more from you.

tinner

Reaction score
nice to meet you seahonk. if you look at the jhp events forum we are haqving a trap and skeet day at triple b in your area. you can meet someone for a hunting or fishing trip every day of the week here if you wanted to.

GreenFly

Reaction score
Hello everyone:
I'm new to this forum but yesterday I went up to Lake Arrowhead, I was going to sight in my rifles. My son and I opened up the range at around 5:45am in the morning. at around 6:15 or so we heard a male buck rooting and snorting in the distance which was kind of unusually my son went out to set up target at around two hundred yards and motioned for me to come over. I'm lazy and was standing at the 100 yard targets. When I went over I could hear Turkeys that sounded like they where a few hundred yards away. There is a water hole that is close by that I know of where I have seen Deer, Coyote, and tons of rabbits. I was tempted to go over to this area but at 6:00am the BLM trucks started rolling through. The BLM is cutting down tree's that are being affected by the tree weevils. So I'm once again scared to hunt in the area. I have even seen the forestry service watching me from the hill accross from the gun range. Question does anyone know where we can hunt around this area? I have went for walkes a few miles behind the range and seen all kind of Rabbit and Coyotes.

metalkingdom

Reaction score
Originally posted by GreenFly@Sep 24 2003, 12:28 PM
I'm new to this forum
You may wanna check the dates on the thread. Probably better off starting a new one...

Orso

Reaction score
I know there are turkeys over by the Crab Flats Campground. I know someone who personally saw them earlier in the year.

The pigs that were taken up by Silverwood was reported in the California Hog Hunter last year. I believe the area to look for the hogs would be the North facing slope of the mountain which lies directly south of Lake Siverwood and thus is south of highway ????.

Top Bottom