Lake Davis

W

webbfoot

I just read an article in the Chico paper saying it was starting to ice out at the feeder streams.Do you fish up there ,its been about 8 years ago for me?Caught a beautiful  five and a half pound rainbow near the lightning tree on a brown rooster tail.Now that I live closer I ought to get up there again.

Woodduck

Reaction score
Webbfoot,

Yes, have been fishing quite a bit the past several years.  Should be very good this year after all the trout that DFG put into the lake after the Pike fiasco.

Woodduck

Reaction score
I just heard from a guide service that the lake has indeed iced out.  Their first foray of the season produced fair fishing...the fish were scattered.

Chuck

Reaction score
Went to Lake Davis for the very first time the second weekend of May. We did not catch but two trout, one still fishing with a worm, the other trolling flashers with a worm. The question is, what methods have you other fisherman used at this lake for success? One note, there were a ton of bugs flying around in the morning and evening, believe they were mayflies, probably going to answer my own question, seems the trout were feeding on these and had no interest in the worms or power bait. Anyway, what have you others used and tactics to catch these beautiful trout? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks, Chuck

Latest Posts

Top Bottom