Lake Henshaw

Jay R.

Reaction score
I havent been able to get over to Lake Henshaw and was wondering if anyone here has.
Im wondering what time they are getting active. Also if any of you have taken a bird
from there sense the season opened. And what seemed to work the best to get him in?

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Jay R.

Hunting around Henshaw was really tough. I did hear that a couple of guys got 2 in kind of the grey zone (VID-CNF land). MCC didn't shoot a single turkey in all the zones around the lake on Saturday. 95% of the birds are 2 year olds or older. Reports were they were very call and decoy shy. I think MCC hunters took 20 turkeys over the week-end, mostly in the Mesa Grande area and spots farther from the lake.

GreatWhite

Reaction score
Hi,

My hunting partner and I took a jake off East Grade Road near Henshaw early this afternoon. He came in real fast and gobbling. Good Luck!

Patrick

Jay R.

Reaction score
Hopfully they will be out and about. Wensday me and my brother are going he won the juniour drawing there. The guy who calls and checks in with everybody said he heard 2 toms in are area there. He picked the first day for the juniour hunt hopefully there will be more than 2 there we will see.

Jay R.

Reaction score
Well its time to see what happens hopefully we wont be to sleepy tomorrow. Thanks for the info if we get somin ill see if i can post a picture of are bird or birds.

Jay R.

Reaction score
I finally got on well my brother missed are only chance so no turkeys. We saw a jake a hen and a unknown turkey. The hen walked right by us and didnt even acknowlodge are calls. Around sunrise we heard around 20+ hens answer are calls. I didnt have a watch on me i think between 6-8 we would here a lone gobblers answer. Unfortunatlly i got the name of the lake wrong its sutherland. Hopefully it will pick up and they will be standing in line to get shot. Hopefully you will have a better hunt than this.

Top Bottom