Lake of Ozarks trip

StringShooter

Reaction score
I decided to take a week vacation to the Lake of the Ozarks this past week to do some fishing but mainly some relaxing. The fishing hasn?t been very good since the early spring rains and the constant raising and lowering of the lake. Truman Lake was running high and when they lower the lake level, it naturally runs down the Osage River into the Lake of the Ozarks. Thus, they have to pull the lake too.

I did some fishing along the docks of the condo the first day and was surprised to catch a 7.6 bass that was shading under the dock ramp. My biggest bass for sure, just wish it was during a tournament but it was still fun. The rest of the week was spent doing some early morning and late evening fishing. Caught about 4 keepers and 10 or so short fish. Nothing to brag about but I had a great time.

I mainly was using plastics, red shad worms, Chompers, lizards, brush hogs. One bass was caught off of a top water Pop-R in the morning. The bass seemed to be in about 5-10 feet of water, along points and holding tight.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Sounds like you did pretty good StringShooter and had a nice relaxing vacation.  That was esp neat getting that big bass.

I'm not much of a fisherman but like to go to small lakes and ponds and relax while drowning worms or other things.  I fished a few days this past week (3) for catfish, the 1st time this year, using stink bait but didnt do very well.  The lake was the highest I've ever seen it and I think they were gorged on the new worms and grubs that got flooded out of the ground.  I ended up with 6 channels tho, all about 2 to 3 lbs, one 4 pounder....

Tinhorn

Latest Posts

Top Bottom