Lake Silverwood

FaT nAsTy

Reaction score
My buddies and I went to Lake Silverwood this past weekend and caught a couple trout and a largemouth bass.

Orygun

Reaction score
They still have trout left at Silverwood?? Thought the stripers got them all.
Would like to see some pic as well. Any of the lake?

Always enjoyed trips up there in the winter for trout and then catfish/stripers by the dam in the summer. Or at least a nice place to sip a few beers and fall asleep staring at the stars.

FaT nAsTy

Reaction score
i still cant figure out how to get pics on the forum. I got them from my camera on the comp into files but cant get them on the site

Griffin

Reaction score
I cut and pasted this from the thread "How To Post Your Pics In The Forum."- Hope this helps.

The first way to post pics is you can load your own pics from your computer hard drive directly to the forum here.

If you'll look under the post or reply box you'll now see a box called "File Attachments". You can attach a .jpg, .png or .gif image file from your computer hard drive by using the "Browse" button to find it for you on your computer. Sorry, .bmp image files do not work in attaching. The file limit for attaching to your post is 150k. You can find out how big your file is by right clicking on the file and looking under "Properties" and the size will be listed.

We are going to ask that if anyone does attach a pic they keep it under 640 pixels wide in size so as not to make the page to wide for all users. You can use any of the many free image editing software to resize your pics if they are too big. If the pic is wider than 640 pixels the pic will be deleted by a mod or admin.

tmoniz

Banned
Reaction score
Email the pics to me and I will resize them for you to post.

desertracer

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Orygun @ May 5 2008, 07:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
They still have trout left at Silverwood?? Thought the stripers got them all.
Would like to see some pic as well. Any of the lake?

Always enjoyed trips up there in the winter for trout and then catfish/stripers by the dam in the summer. Or at least a nice place to sip a few beers and fall asleep staring at the stars.[/b]

The striper fishing is no longer what it used to be before the lake was partially drained a dozen or so years ago. The trout do pretty well these days. There are about a billion dink stripers in there...4-10" range...not many hogs showing up anymore.

Orygun

Reaction score
Stripers are always a great fish for catching. I personally would not miss them from Silverwood if I still lived/fished there. Course I grew up fishing there before the stripers got a real foothold and the trout were still around in great numbers. Back when they still had browns in the lake. I remember one year when a bunch of folks were catching coho. Someone had dumped them in their. Always thought it would have been cool for the state to get a put and take salmon fishery in there. Heck if those stripers are that small, a bunch of king salmon would go crazy in there. They couldn't spawn but would do well hanging out deep in the lake

Advertisement

Top Bottom