Lake Silverwood

rusman66

Reaction score
Went to Silverwood today and caught a couple of nice bass 18" and a 15".  
I know this is nothing to write home about, but It was nice to catch a few fish.
Especially from Silverwood.   Maybe now that the outlet tower has been completed the fish will have a chance to get settled in.

Oh yeah if anyone is interested I caught the fish on manns grape jelly worms.

(Edited by rusman66 at 6:30 pm on Mar. 26, 2002)

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
good to hear russman. I used to go to Silverwood a lot for stripers and LM bass. Now if they get them trout planted again them bass will be toads again. 18" ain't bad either for now.

Any crappie action yet?

dazco

Reaction score
"not bad"?!!!!!! geez..........for me thats a monster !! 18" was the biggest i've ever caught. I'm going to Silverwood for the 1st time this weekend thanks to your post ! Seriously.........I was gonna go to Quail lake, but this post just changed my plans. Thanks..........Dale

rusman66

Reaction score
I saw a lot of people fishing off the dock, but I do not know what they were catching.  I heard reports that they had been catching a few crappie off the dock.  I tried a crappie jig tipped with a powerbait nugget, but couldn't get any takers.  

Oh yeah and both bass were released.

dazco

Reaction score
Were your fishing from boat or shore? And if it was boat, what do you think the chances are for bass from the shore there?

Thanks

(Edited by dazco at 8:57 pm on Mar. 26, 2002)

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
I've been fishing that lake for over 25 years and i've never caught a striper.
I think everyone who's fished w/ me has caught one, even my wife(drifting a anchove through the channel). But after countless trips, casting into the spillway and drifting bait down the channel, nothing!

One day I was fishing for trout off a popular finger of Silverwood and hooked into a rainbow. As I realed it in, a 15+ pound striper stripped it from my fly and that was as close as i've been.

Stupid lake... Just jokin... I guess

Steve

Bou

Reaction score
wingman,
Silverwood has been hit or miss for me too. I've caught stripers there fly lining boils with forzen anchovies. Also been skunked several time too.

rusman66

Reaction score
dazco I was fishing from the shore.   Yesterday was the first day I was able to catch anything.  It has been pretty slow, but the LM Bass are probably starting to move in for the spawn.   I have never been able to catch a striper there either.  They usually take my anchovie and run like a bus.  Never been able to stop one.  Maybe when I get my boat ready I will have a better chance.

dazco your chances are probably fair if the weather stays warm.  

dazco

Reaction score
humm...............now that you put it that way, maybe i'll go to castaic instead........or maybe try quail lake for the 1st time.........Dale

Top Bottom