Lamson/Holmes Pir

Gator

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I just completed a homebrew today using a Lamson/Holmes pir and I was getting a range of about 22' to 30' max, in my testing of the camera. Does that sound about right? What kind of range have you guys been getting out of this setup?

Thanks,
God Bless America!

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Hello Gator,

a while back we had a discussion on this PIR unit and it is about the only one i use now as i have had good luck with them.
you can check out an earlier thread here for some good info.
i think it was back in august
just do a search for it and you should come up with something but if not i will be glad to give you some pointers.

this thread is along the lines of your post

Later,

(Edited by Gun Docc at 12:07 am on Sep. 25, 2001)

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi Gator - My GE PIR worked fine the way it came out of the package. Did you modify yours, or change any of the delay resistors?

Gator

Reaction score
Sorry I havn't replied to your question Richard, I had some sickness in the family and haven't checked the baord in a few days.  I set the pir up right out of the box, I took the relay board out of the socket and hooked it to the camera leads. And everything works great. But I was a little concerned about the sensitivity. I was only getting a consistent trip at about 22' and sometimes out to a max of about 30'. I started with about a 5/8'' hole. Because that worked well with my other 12v pir. But then I cut a veritcal  5/8'' slot so that the whole lens was exposed from top to bottom. But that seems to be all I can get out of it. I was just curious if that was the range you guys were getting.

Thanks for your replies.

Top Bottom