Lamson Holmes PIR

ToledoBend

Reaction score
I think I've checked all the posts and the website and have not found an answer to this question.  Does the Lamson Holmes PIR need a timer to work, or can you connect it to the camera without one if you don't need any delays on your shots?  It appears you can do that with the MS20 (use it without a timer).

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Yes, the Lamson Holmes along with the GE will work fine right out of the package. Plus, the light sensor works. All you have to do is put the center connector of the two light bulb sockets in series with the Shutter. If one minute between pictures is too long, then change R16 to 100K Ohm to get 10 seconds, but I wouldn't go below that. It might fry the board.

Amended: Forgot to include the Lowe's stock number for the GE version.  It is 140219 MOTION ACTIVATED, and the price was $24.97 + $2.00 tax = $26.97

It sounds like a lot compaired with the MS20, but subtract the cost of a relay, lead cell battery, charger, and light sensor.

(Edited by Richard Webb at 8:51 am on Aug. 20, 2001)

gizz

Reaction score
Thanks RW!
I was using a little more difficult approach by using the little IC chip inside the socket and didn't realize I could use the center connectors. Just to clarify, your saying to use the 2 center connectors (1 from each tel cord connector)? This will create continuity?
Thanks

Richard Webb

Reaction score
Hi gizz - No, the supplied Double Socket is what I used.  On one end the center contact is all lead, and the other you have to reach down inside for the center contact. It also has lead on it, so just solder the shutter wire in those two places. I have not field tested this setup yet, but it works on my bench.

Top Bottom