Lamson-Homes PIR

Blacktail

Reaction score
I went to Lowes Home Improvement today and found the Lamson-Homes PIR for $19.87 on clearence.  They are also selling it on thier website for the same price.

gizz

Reaction score
Blacktail - Would you happen to have the product Number or model #? I'm on the web-site but can't find the PIR. Of course I have them in my cams but....they're occupied.

***FOUND IT***
70041-223-HD3100D is the model of the PIR

(Edited by gizz at 4:37 pm on Dec. 17, 2001)

Blacktail

Reaction score
You got it gizz.  How do you like this sensor.  I bought two I am trying them for the first time.

Gun Docc

Reaction score
guess this means another trip to Lowe's...hehehe

Blacktail,
i have been using this sensor for most all of my cams now and really like it .
they are already rigged for the small 9 volt batteries and have a bit more range than the rs 49-425
easily modified but i find it best to use a timer

Later,

Blacktail

Reaction score
Hey Gundocc,

I sent you and email last week on this sensor.  Did you get it?  Do you use the timer from Ramsey or did you build your own?  Thanks

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Howdy Blacktail,

i was out on a hunting trip fer a few days last week and just have seen your mail....hehehe
a reply is in the works

i build my own version of a timer that has a 4 second delay that works for me
the timer i use is a modification of the Welby/Tinhorn timer found here on the site

Later,

gizz

Reaction score
blacktail - i like the pir as well. I used to use the MS20 but wanted to try a PIR that was already rigged for 9V. I bought one under the GE name thinking it may be a new PIR but it turned out to be an exact copycat of the Lamson. Like Gun Docc said, it work well. I just ordered 4 of them - Just in case. You can buy them online then pick them up at the store without paying any shipping. Neat idea.

Gun Docc - Was curious as to how long you get out of a 9V batt with this pir. By calculations it should last about a 9 months of "ON" time by itself. Of course with a timer it won't be as long.

(Edited by gizz at 6:01 pm on Dec. 17, 2001)

Blacktail

Reaction score
Hey Gizz
I was in Wal-Mart the other day and saw a GE PIR and it looked identical to the Lamson but I did not buy it because I thought it was different.  They were fairly cheap also.  Do you know the model#.  Thanks

Gun Docc

Reaction score
Gizz,
as to how long the batteries last ?
well i have one cam that i built back in march that is still working just fine but it has been used quite a bit from time to time but not continuous.

i place 3 batteries in mine to keep the voltage a little longer with the timer's and it seems to work out great.

Later,

gizz

Reaction score
Gun Docc - Thanks, i figured you was getting a long time out of the batts. The pir itself draws only .06ma at idle - compare that to the MS20 at 1.6ma. WOW!
Suppose with 3 of them wired together you'll get a long time regardless of the timer.

Blacktail - I have no model number but the packaging and parts look EXACTLY like the Lamson,Dimango PIR. I could only find the GE in White. You get a sensor and one socket.

Tinhorn

Reaction score
It's so energy efficient it would work well with JoeD's timer if the battery voltage was more compatable.  I wonder (& bet) that the Lampson actually runs on 5volts,  anybody look for a voltage regulator inside there?  If it does run off 5v, could tap into it and run JoeD's timer.

Tinhorn

Top Bottom