Lanai Hunt

mossyoakhntr05

Reaction score
Boys,
Hell of a trip!!!! Lanai is amazing, a true sportsmans paradise. Went over on March 10, this year and boy was i successful! Flew in on Thursday, picked up my truck meet some hunters that flew for the draw hunt on the public side for muzzleloader, good people. spent Thursday scouting, and picked up a buddy from the airpot who was hunting as well that night. Next morning woke up to tsunami sirens and police blockades so we couldnt get to our hunting area, bummer, but we just drove to other another and decided to walk around abit. Felt kinda like a newbie doing that but it was a good morning, turkeys gobbling and talking all around us beautiful morning. Only saw two deer, scouted and hunted around the rest of the day drove to some more hunting areas and scouted some more saw some good numbers that day plus two great bucks that evening right by our camp!! That night two more buddies flew for the weekend hunt with a bow. Saturday morning woke up bright and early put the two new guys in there spots me and my other buddy walked and debated on who was going to sit where. So we decide to swap spots and he sat where i was going to and i was going to sit where he wanted to. So i dropped him off and started walking up the hill to a big clearing and could already see a good number of deer working of the hillside into so i kick my big cluncky boots off dropped my pack and stalked towards them.......time goes bye got to where they were and bam a monster buck comes out completely caught me off guard i couldnt draw and got busted but immediately saw another group of buck only working slowly towards me so got ready and was not gonna get caught off gaurd again. I crept to within 30 yards and waited for the right time, i drew twice but didnt get the shot i wanted til another bucked stepped out and gave an ok shot so i took what i could get and hit him just in front of the left shoulder!!! 30+ yard shot, he went about 40-60 yards i didnt pace it so i dont know for sure.!.!. didnt really care either i had my deer down lol. Did two days of gun hunting as well shot another buck and two does and my partner shot a mouflon ram a buck and two does. All in all it was one hell of a trip, going back in July for a meat/trophy hunt, meats always first!!!!

Attachments

Glass eye

Reaction score
Right on ! I'll be back there again one day. God willing !

biseger

Reaction score
Very nice, I got to come and visit my bro and dad on the big island and drag them over there.

twacker

Reaction score
Way to go. Congrats. As I recall isn't most of the island of Lanai owned by Rupert Murdock?

Last edited:

hawaiijed

Reaction score
yea, like 95% of lanai id privately owned. the state hunting area is also leased from murdock/ castle and cooke

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
Should be there next spring. Have go check on my Dad on Oahu after my lanai hunt with Brada Eddie.

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
Should be there next spring. Have go check on my Dad on Oahu after  my lanai hunt with Brada Eddie.<br><br>

Top Bottom