Large Pregnant Doe PICs

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
I got these pictures over my mineral licks yesterday with my digital cameras. (EZ and AOL)  Thought I would share them since the doe in them was so heavily pregnant that it might be twins.

http://briang.netfirms.com/page22.html

What do ya'll think?

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Nice pix's,  guess that fawn was born too late to be bred, it almost looks like it should still have spots, it's so small compared to the Doe

Tinhorn

Cabin Fever Bob

Reaction score
Nice pics! Either they're REALLY pregnant or you're feeding them REALLY well! LOL

I've seen 2 does this week that weren't so lucky. Both does were roadkill and unfortunately had a fawn each that must have been "discharged" with the impact as they were almost hanging out of momma in a pile. I saw 1 on Monday morning and 1 this morning. Made me sick to see it.

ToddP

Banned
Reaction score
Are twins uncommon there?  In a healthy habitat most deer will have twins.  In really healthy habitat they will have triplets.

I have a camera out now and I'm hoping to get some really young fawn pics.

She's ready to bust anyhow.

Later,
Todd

Brian

Inactive
Reaction score
ToddP,

No twins are not uncommon but my pictures of does with big ole bellies is uncommon.  I had a couple of one last year but she was not quite as big as this one.  Also, I haven't seen to many twinkies with mommies in the last couple of years.   Could be poor habitat since our rain in the summer has all but ceased.  I saw lots of nubbing bucks this past year.  Almost every momma had a nubbing last year.  I had heard but do not know that is a sign of poor conditions.  These pictures were taken in one of the most fertile areas around.

jayber

Reaction score
Looks like she's got a beer belly......is there a beer spring/keg/brewry nearby?  LOL  Good lookin' pics!  You're right, she does look fertile!!  :eek:)

Dbworld

Reaction score
I've read that too.  Where conditions will determine the majority of the fawn's sex.  Poor conditions more bucks, good conditions more does.   Have to see if I can find that article again.  

Shrewshooter

Reaction score
Grate pics, looks like she may have triplets.:) It would be nice to get some shots of the fawns too. Thanks for the pics. Mike

bat

Reaction score
Great pictures Brian, those would make good screen savers or background for your pc.  She is definitely going to have at least twins.  Good luck getting the fawn pictures...bat

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
There she blows !!!  Well almost. She is about to pop. It would be neat to see some pics of her with her fawns in a couple of weeks. Good pics Brian.

woodsman

Reaction score
she's definitely got a bun in the oven . NICE PICS !:leering:

Top Bottom