• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Larry Hamilton Hunting Club Scam. hog hunt scam

Guard Dog

Hey All, I just spoke with a guy that is advertising a couple of openings in a club near FHL. It's a little far from home for me but you guys from the Central Coast might be interested. You should call for the details but I think he said for $300 a year you can take 2 Hogs as well as a chance to hunt birds. Phone number was 831-385-8283. Good luck!

Killzone

Ha, I bet it is that jerk Larry hamilton, save your money!!!! do a search on him, scammer.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Do a search under Larry Hamilton before anyone bites.

Then again if you're wanting something too good to be true ........

bighog

Forever Hunting
Guard dog,
when I read your post I immediately thougt of Larry Hamilton. If so, the guy is a crook, absolutely don't waste your time and money. 5 years ago when I first started hunting, I followed up on one of his advertisements. Gave him $225.00 to hunt birds and could even take a hog. I was excited and happily joined. Never got one hunt for my money as he always came up with an excuse why I could'nt come down to hunt. After a month or two his contact numbers were disconnected and he lossed the lease on the ranch in parkfield. Later I found out this is his method of operation. He will place an advertisement in a paper, charge each person who responds around $300 then dissapear. He knows for that small amount of money nobody he swindles is going to go thru the hassle of tracking him down and filing a lawsuit. The guy has built a notorious reputation around those parts.

Well, I was new to hunting and could'nt believe there are guys like this out there, but you live and learn. Check this carefully before you hand over any money. You know the saying, "you get what you pay for"

Guard Dog

To tell you the truth I don't remember what he said his name was. I kind of tuned out when he told me where he was. He did say that he had the ranch just past parking lot 2 of area 29 on interlake road, dose that still sound like him? Oh ya, on the answering machine it just says "you have reached the Hunting Club".

Guard Dog

Ok, I made the last post from home. During my BRUTAL 18 mile / 20 minute commute I thought about this. It dose sound a little bit like you guys described. There's an add placed in the Fresno Bee this week that basically just says "Private Club 2 hours west of Fresno, hunt pigs for $300 a year". I called and got the answering machine I talked about earlier and got a call back within 45 minutes. The guy did have a pretty good story and described 3 or 4 seperate ranches that were huntable. He said that you would call ahead before you came over to hunt so he could place you on one of the ranches, that way you wouldn't be crowded out by other hunters. I told him that I was looking for something nearer to Fresno but that I would think about it. This was on tuesday I believe, he called me back last night to see what I decided? I sure hope this isn't the same guy, I would hate to think that I helped him in his scheme.

Maybe one of you guys that know this dude could call the number and see if it's him or not?

bighog

Forever Hunting
Guard dog,

post the number please. I'm going to call it and if it's my old buddy Larry. I'm going to tell him I have cash for 3 spots and arrange for him to meet me in San Francisco at 5.a.m. on a Sunday.

bighog

Forever Hunting
Guess who just called me back. Yep Larry Hamilton. He started the same bullshitting around about how he had all these ranches to hunt etc...I told him we had done buisness before and he immediately started to tapdance. He asked my name and I spelled it for him. I finally told him to cut the bullshit and that we both know he's a f...ing crook (exact words). I said I wanted my money back.......click, he hung up on me.

At least I got to tell the guy off alittle for my money, Now I consider it well spent.

Steer clear of this swindler.

Guard Dog

Well, I applogize guys. I certainly wouldn't have passed this info on if I knew the history behind this guy! I think I might just call the number and leave him a nice little message! Do you think it would do any good to pass the ph # on to a local Police dept or the DFG? Maybe they could sting this loser!

augnmike

Hey guys if there are others who you know that have been taken by this guy you could absolutely make a criminal case for fraud. As well the amount is well under the limit for small claims and that is something that is cheap and easy to do. I wouldn't let him off the hook that's for sure. Although I know how the police can make a case, what I don't know is what laws and or codes that might exist for the DFG to ban this guy from outfitting/guiding or whatever, but that might be worth a phone call as well.

bighog

Forever Hunting
guarddog,

dont feel bad about passing on the info. Look at me, I actually lost money to him. You were just trying to help out some fellow hunters.

The fact you posted the info lets everyone know this guys up to his same ol tricks and many more prospective hunters can be warned of him. I am appreciative because now I feel somewhat vindicated. I got a chance to call him what he is a......well you know what I mean.

Guard Dog

I know DFGElk hangs out on the Elk forum some, maybe he would know if this is something the DFG would get involved in?

Kentuck

Maybe a call to that State Attorney General's office could help. Seems like this guy needs to be dealt with before he scams anyone else. Either that or any tech heads out there can figure out a program to constantly call that number and just keep it tied up.

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Call the Fresno Bee and Gazette papers and report his past fraud using the paper ads. Take away his income.

Fresno Bee advertising manager
Della Hemphill
559-441-6127

Editor for the Gazette Newspaper
Kurt Helin
[email protected]

Call DFG and file a complaint.

This is the 3rd or 4rth year I've seen the ads and it's high time to put this dirtbag out of business.

PlacerCountyNWTF

There are many penal code sections that apply here. You absolutely need to file a police report. It depends on the agency but at my PD, we would conduct a complete investigation. It would be my pleasure to put some silver bracelets in this POS.

Top Bottom