last minute dove plans

paulc

Reaction score
was gonna take advantage of jim matthews recomendation in the paper today in el centro.. i was gonna take my 12 yr old josh and my wife on their 1st dove hunt...  el centro is just to far.. 2 hour drive is ok but 3+ is a bit much for my wife... any ideas locally.. i live in riverside and dont mind driving 1.5 hours and or paying a trespass fee.. i know this last minute and nobody wants to give away hot spots but i thought i would ask anyhow... in sb nat forest there may be some spots... we dont need limits just a few birds to shoot at..
thanks paul

QALHNTR

Reaction score
Twist it up to 85mph & you'll be in Blythe in 2 hours!

paulc

Reaction score
blythe is a haul... is there a place to go there that i can take my 12 yr old and not get pissed off.. i have read several posts that sound like you are out there shooting with a bunch of rude yahoos... i would rather find a place local that we may only shoot a few doves but we have our space..  someone recomended lake perris... does anyone know rouse ridge area near lake hemet.. there are some water tanks there does anyone know if they will attract a few dove.. they are at a fairly high altitude..
also considering going out to the desert.. ridgcrest area and hunting some of those water tanks..

Fubar

Reaction score
Paul Every time I have been to Blythe it has been a zoo. Wister is closer but i don know if it will be much better. I think anywhere where it is any good will be pretty crowded on opening day.        Fubar

AzBuckSnort

Reaction score
How about the country east of Hesperia out towards Silverwood Lake? Don't forget about the Barstow area, especially the country to the east of town.

Top Bottom