last weekend of quail

tinner

Reaction score
i may have had one of the best weekends of my life. songdog you missed out for sure. this weekend, fri and sat, i got to put a face to many of the names on this web site. we swapped stories of hunting, work and home. we even did some hunting of our own. if i remember correctly there was a total of thirteen hunters saturday afternoon at lunch time. jesse, with  these guys as representitives of your site you can take this thing anywhere. nice to meet you all finally. hope you guys did better sun than sat    

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
Tinner,

What a great weekend! Glad to meet you and the rest of the gang.

We need to do this again soon since coyote is year round and spring turkey hunting is comming.

I wish we could have stuck around more to get to know ya'all better but my partner is pretty serious about coyote hunting. He taught me alot about the sport / science.

I learned that passing gas is a "no no". Oh well, my dog doesn't mind the smell and besides, his boys were throwing rocks at the remote speaker anyway.

Had a great time. Thanks guys.
Steve

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who came out for some fun hunting and conversation. We had quail calling near us as we talked at the campsite but couldn't find them when we finally went after them. Hook and Tinner can explain the only quail flush of the weekend.

Here's a pic of the group. I can't remember all the names so everyone please put your name with what row and position you're in.

pitdog

Banned
Reaction score
I'm the good looking one of course! :smile-big-blue:

O.K., I'm the one in the back row, far left, wearing the red and black plaid camo get up.
Steve

(Edited by wingman at 8:05 pm on Jan. 27, 2002)

JBarn3

Reaction score
Top Row: Wingman, Rick, Bishop, HuntDucks, Missouri Kid, BigTroutBane, Hook
Bottom Row: Dustin, Eric, Evan III, Myself, Tinner, Thonzberry

EVAN III

Reaction score
 Jbarn3
  You must be good with names. I remember the faces, but sad to say, not all the names. It was great meeting ya'll. Hope we can do it again sometime soon. Jesse as soon as I get my pics back we can post one. We got to post the one with you in it. Since I can't seem to get pics to come up, I'll e-mail it you and you can post it. Well we had a blast and everyone was great.

Evan III

Bishop

Banned
Reaction score
We'll there's 13 in the picture. Jesse makes 14.  And Brian S. showed up to make it 15.  Not a bad turn out.  
Maybe some of the boys in No. Cal should get together somewhere like Hunter Liggett.
Can just about guarantee a good time will be had by all.

songdog

Reaction score
Tinner,

I was sorry to have missed it.  It was a combo of having three sick kids at home and the wife sick too along with the fact that Kid Creole and I went out after some chukar on Friday.  We put more than a few miles in and my legs were pretty close to useless by the end of the day on Friday.

If we can pull one of these off out by Wister and the wind cooperates, we can probably accomplish the original intent of getting some of the new guys into some coyotes.  Until then we'll have to stick with stories around the campfire :wink-yellow:

How about an early March trip out that way?

bigtroutbane

Reaction score
I'm the one looking the wrong way.  Uh,  I was spotting a yote up on the hill.  

It was great to see and talk everyone that showed up.

Definately have to do another one.

- Pat Bane

Top Bottom