Last Weekend, what are YOU gonna do?

Sniper1

Reaction score
I am heading back to my little spot in the foothills, I was surrounded last weekend by them, however; could not get them to commit. I think it was because of my 15yr old nephew that could not stay still to save his life, i wanted to introduce him to Turkey hunting and he got to hear them right on our door step but they wouldn't come in. He also got to see about 12-15 birds from a distance and a big tom strutting around, but they didn't want to play, Sunday I will sneak in by myself and see if I can get #3.

Good luck everyone. :thumbs up2:

jimmmb

Reaction score
I'll be out Sunday morning looking for #3 as well. I might bring the bow, haven't got one yet with it...and if I don't it will be a warmup hunt for the next two weeks. Or maybe I'll bring both so I have some options in the blind, as some other wise hunters here have done :)

Good luck to you as well!

Tuolumne

Reaction score
I'm trying to get out Sunday for #2 with the bow, we'll see. So much to do, so little time.

Sniper1

Reaction score
Whelp, just got home and another day of being surrounded by Gobblers. I really thought #3 was going to happen about 10am this morning, i had 2 big tom's sneak in right behind me, i was facing west with my back to a tree and they came in from the east, i mean they were darn near sitting on my shoulder, what a great experience, i could hear them spitting and drumming and then when they gobbled it was unreal. The way they came in they would of had to walk within 5 yards of me to get to my decoys and they for some reason didn't like that at all, so they circled, i called and they blew up again, they didn't like my decoys or something cause they just moved off gobbling all the way. I gave it some time and tried to get them to come back but they were not having it. It was another great morning in the Turkey Woods, already can't wait for next year.

Top Bottom