Late night boar

Flatbroke

Reaction score
My dad and his friend took the dogs out on Thursday. They saw a couple huge hogs, now keep in mind my dad has been hunting since he was a kid, but really hunting with dogs since the early 1980's, an y how he told me those hogs were huge, and we had killed a hog with 3+ inch teeth a couple weeks ago.

he sent my blue leopard catahoula dog, T-bone down the canyon. T-bone struck did not get after the big uns but bayed an entire herd of hogs, my dad cut the 3 other dogs loose and he and his buddy slipped in and killed 2 nice hogs.

we were set to go for today, sat, but low and behold, my back goes out for not reason, not even getting any action at home
, so we pass on the dogs for today. I tell him I am going to kill a boar not matter what. after asking a couple buddies to go, which they cant, I decide to pass,

well in the middle of the night, while sleeping, I encounter the biggest pig I have ever seen. it is a spotted hog, with teeth showing from 400-500 hundred yards away, (rough etimate as it was dark lol) anyway. I was by myself and took a shot as he was moving but shot 6 ft behind. I racked a round in my remington 270 and held my next round about 6 feet in front, this shot hit but was high and in the middle. I aime once more and dropped him I drove right up to him and he had 4 inches of teeth. just them my wife nudges me and tells me to take my son to his Baseball game (crap)

Well tonight, I am gonna pound a bottle of Crown and loss en my back and hit it for sure Sunday. we will see what happens.

Arrowslinger

Banned
Reaction score
Good luck FB, take care of that back and enjoy the crown.....crown? Sounds good, i'm headin' to mix up one now.

Huntr Pat

Reaction score
Good job hope the back feels better after the crown.

Flatbroke

Reaction score
Thanks fellas I am half way through it and feeling pretty good, Finally able to stand without cringing. Pat I got your email and was thinking about you yesterday.

hatchet1

Banned
Reaction score
had me for a second
i have those dreams all the time bro, they dont seem to give me a
nights rest
the crown does seem to help though
, im a bit foggy this morning.....

Top Bottom