Late Nite, a little off topic

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
I know I'm one of those anal people, just thought I would take a short poll to see how many of us there are. I know Brian's one, and AEH, how many more and what disciplen.

I am a civil/ structural

ArkansasElkHunter

Reaction score
As a group of engineers sat around one evening discussing the origin of the universe and our creator. a mechanical engineer spoke up and said "God must be a ME, the human body is amazing in its abilities.  Take walking for instance.  The ability of the body to absorbed the impact of running can't be duplicated by even the most complex of machines".  Immediately a EE spoke up and said, "No God has to be a EE.  The complex mechanical system you describe is controlled by an even more complex electrical impulse system of nerves.  With communication speeds and processor reaction speeds we can't even hope to emulate".  Several others disciplines spoke up as to their opinions when a wise old engineer in the back said, "No God is a Civil Engineer".   "A civil engineer!" the group exclaimed.  "what in the world would make you say that?".  The old engineer explained, “Only a civil engineer would put an open sewer duct right through the middle of a recreation Area".

Sorry HH,  This is my favorite joke and I just had to share it.    

I hope no one is offended.   I mean no Sacrilege or disrespect.

SouthernStyle

Reaction score
Civil/Structural Class of '93  Work as a telecom network engineer now (circuit and broadband capacity management)

Yep, I've heard that one before AEH  

(typical engineer, had to edit it to get the spelling right!)

Scott

(Edited by SouthernStyle at 3:51 am on Aug. 17, 2002)

TNDEERHUNTER

Reaction score
M.E. Here. But I love this electrical stuff. HeHe Its hard with my background(growing up on a farm and working on everything even if it didn't need it) to give in to Electrical Engineering but now I love it. I am even thinking of going back to school. My wife thinks I'm crazy.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
My father was a EE, and I thought shoving electrons around was the most boring ocupation anyone could choose. Being an electronics tech in the service eons ago only reinforced that. Now I wish I had paid more attention and my old man was still around to bounce stuff off of.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Jerk of all trades... disaster at some... ;-O
Still a compulsive neat-freak - at least with the finished product (sometimes).

MBullism

Reaction score
Structural here...  AEH...ROTFLMAO!  Hadn't heard that one before, hehe

My favorite quote: (paraphrased from memory)

Structural engineering is the art and science of molding materials that we do not fully understand; into shapes that we cannot accurately analyze; under forces that we cannot accurately predict; all the while not letting the public understand the extent of our ignorance.

(my apologies to Mr. Ahmrein if I buchered too badly...)

M

wfontjr

Reaction score
chemical engineer by degree, do a lot of programming on honeywell dcs, was a process engineer until a month ago, new manager wanted his buddy in so i now im a "process control" engineer

kmitch

Reaction score
EE, Mississippi State, Class of '71. Worked as an Instrument and Controls Engineer for about 15 years and now manage offshore oil and gas developments.

Keith

Steiner

Reaction score
MSME...worked as a structural engineer on military aircraft for 9 years and then went to work for a medical research and development laboratory.  They let me design the structures and control systems for various type of human centrifuges (spin and puke).

Optimist says glass is half full.......pessimist says the glass is half empty......engineer says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hill Hopper

Banned
Reaction score
Started this out of curiosity last week end, was interesting to see the diversity of disiplens.

jayber

Reaction score
Agricultural Engineer working with hydrostatic transmissions.  Yee---Ha!

Tinhorn

Reaction score
Was a Mechanical Field Eng for several years, then got an associates degree in electronics (and another in Drafting?) and opened up a TV repair shop, then studied Programming and became a hobby programmer using various BASIC lanquages (from Commodore to QuickBasic to Visual Basic), now mostly "retired" after being in the construction trade a few years.....

Tinhorn

whtlbck

Reaction score
Penn State Class of 96.  Structural & Civil.
Compadres!

Top Bottom