late season oregon buck

ORElkBow

Reaction score
Nice. Job well done GP. I'm glad you didn't get snowed in on down there.

goindeep

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks guys! this was my second time hunting oregon, with no luck but tons of fun on the first trip I couldn't wait to try it again. It took 4 years but I finally returned to the same place for another match with the blacktail. The first day was perfect except for the wind. I managed to rattle in 3 bucks but was un able to get a shot. I also glassed up sevral good bucks but they were all on the move and I couldn't catch up with them. The weather called for sunday to be a washout but it was the opposite. The wet ground was perfect to stalk in and it never rained all day. I rattled in one buck but again could not get a shot. I Glassed the best buck of the trip, a 150 class 4x4 and again he was to far to catch up with. After sevral close encounters with smaller bucks I was starting to make the 2 mile trip back to the truck when this buck crossed my path. He was walking and trotting around acting rutty when I grunted and stopped him at 45 yards. I drilled him in the heart, making for a short 40 yard recovery.

Attachments

inchr48

Reaction score
Now that's a pretty deer, good shooting.

gatorfan

Reaction score
Great buck!!! Sounds like hard work and persistence paid off. Congrats

Top Bottom