Latest Dove Counts

QALHNTR

Reaction score
Started packin' tonight for the Dove opener and sat down to watch a few plays of MNF.  From my garage in Brea (6 miles from Disneyland) I had 36 doves fly over in a little over 5 minutes.  Boy do I have it bad!  Hurry up Saturday!

Quacker Wacker

Reaction score
My son and I scouted on Sunday and found a little spot where we counted about 200 birds in less than an hour.  Those were only the one's that came within range.  Sure is hard to put in a real days work with those visions in your head.

EL CAZADOR

Kiss The Ring
Reaction score
I was out in Imperial County on Sunday and checked out the DFG fields - WOW!

There are a couple which are for sure honey holes, others which aren't - I'll leave the guessing game up to you.

The reports of white-wings in huge numbers are true.  There were many more than I've seen in recent years.  I'm looking forward to three great weekends!!

If anybody is heading to Imperial and would like a more detailed report, email me. I'll be happy to let you in on my findings - if you let me in on yours.

Good Luck to all ! ! ! !

lintongb

Reaction score
I was in Blythe Sunday evening about 6-6:30 and I saw quite a few doves.  Looks like it will be another good year.  Good luck to you all and be safe.

AzBuckSnort

Reaction score
My son and I scouted a bit this evening...incredible! We easily spotted over 1000 doves in a mile square alfalfa check. Every gravel farm road was littered with doves gritting and the cement canal sides were stacked with doves watering. Not another soul in sight scouting and the farm hand who drove by said he hadn't seen a single person scouting all week.
32 hours and counting!

Brian S

Reaction score
 Quail hunter too bad you can't hunt up off brea canyon road in the oil fields. I went to elementary school in brea up near the hills off tamarack and we'd always venture off up there in the bad lands. But sling shots are allot quieter than a 12 guage.
Brian S

Latest Posts

Top Bottom