Latest Pictures

rjlasko

Reaction score
Should I try for these guys this year or wait one more year???? Might be too hard to pass up though. These two are the biggest ones I've seen on my property so far this year. Hopefully they'll get a little bit bigger in the next month or so. I was scouting a couple weeks back and came across this particular deer trail so I hung a cam there. It runs up this hill where I have seen some pretty good deer sign. It's hard to see from the pictures that there is a trail there but trust me it's there.
The only bad part is that I didn't realize that the morning sun really lights up this area (I was scouting in the afternoon). In one week's worth of pictures there were four different bucks, three does, two turkeys and one unidentified snout (sorry no partridge in a pear tree). (It's a deer snout but apparently he/she just wanted a nose shot)

Attachments

Greystoke

Reaction score
Nice pics!
Got a question for ya. I noticed the last two taken later have some dead leaves in the lower right. Had you cut some branches to set your cam and it took a week for them to turn or do you suppose a dead branch feel out of another tree?

moosejaw

Reaction score
Great pics.I like the buck with the hook off the base,I have a friend who shot one last year with the same exact character point.Another year may make a big differance on these guys.

rjlasko

Reaction score
Greystoke - That must have been a branch that had broken off by the wind or whatever. I didn't have to do any cutting for this cam placement. Great observation though...I didn't even notice that up when I was looking at the pictures. (Maybe it was because I was already sharpening my arrows for this year's bow season)

TheOtherPikeCounty

Reaction score
i would possibly go after teh first deer (10 point) and leave the rest for seed. It also depends on the hunting pressure around you and what you think there chances of survival are if you let them walk.

bowarr

Reaction score
Very nice pictures! I like the character of 10 points rack. These bucks will keep you in your tree stand a little longer this season, waiting for your opportunity. Good luck!

Otto

Reaction score
Those are some great pictures. Looks like a productive location you have there.

rjlasko

Reaction score
You can bet that I'll be sitting a bit longer this year. Besides my deer managment unit is an "Earn-a-Buck" this year so I'm going to have to take a doe first before I have a chance at a nice buck. The positive side is that I will be forced to see what else is in the area too.

How old do you think these bucks are? (2 1/2 or 3 1/2). I'm guessing 2 1/2 just because I would expect a little bit thicker antler if they were a year older. (I could be wrong there...wouldn't be the first time)

Otto

Reaction score
I think your right on with 2 and a half. At that age, their rear end still looks big compared to the whole body. No large chest or sagging bellies yet.

RutnNStrutn

Reaction score
I'm with OPC. Go for the first buck, let the others walk 'til next year.

jsr283

Reaction score
Of course it's up to you, but I think that you should let them all walk. If you have bucks like this walking around in broad daylight, in all likely hood, you're gonna have something much larger stalking around during the night only (except during rut). They're good deer now, but will be exceptional in another year. The old rule of thumb is if you have to questions whether or not they are shooters, then they are not. If you harvest them this year, you'll want to kick yourself in the rectum later.

OhioBowHunter

Reaction score
Great Pictures of some Good Looking Bucks, Good luck getting after them...

Jsr,

Your Comment about whether you have to question there a shooter or not is VERY true, at least for me...

I am always field scoring deer from stand, and see and pass on alottt of deer in a season, many that are P&Y caliber. But when that special deer does come along,You know the ones that make you weak at the knees, heart race, Gives you the shakes.

I have yet to score him until after He's down or a shot opportunity did not take place. YOU simply just know from hours on stand and seeing deer overtime whats special... Dont get me wrong there all special and all trophies. But every years theres always that 1 or 2 that just get you going...

Dan

Top Bottom