Latex for calls

Rooter

Reaction score
Does anyone know a source to buy latex so I can make my own turkey calls?  I am also looking for the frames for mouth calls.  Any help will be appreciated.

Welby

Reaction score
Are you talking ready made reeds or just latex period?

If you don't mind doing a little cutting, try surgical gloves or UNUSED condoms.  Also, if you can find them, dental dams supposedly work very well.  Ask your dentist for them.  (Beware, if you try a search for dental dams on the internet, you're gonna get a lot trashy results.  Apparently, gays, lesbians, and other weirdos have other uses for them.)

For the frames, callpurrfect.com has them.

I suggest that first you look in the homemade forum here before you go putting any money down.  There's quite a bit of good info here if you will take the time to look for it.

Possum

Reaction score
I may have a source for you in a couple of days.  Pioneer Enterprises carrys latex at about .09 cents apiece.  Comes in thicknesses from condom to .005.  they have the frames and tape also.  Let me see if I can find the number.  Hmmmm  717-938-9388  They DO NOT take credit cards so order early or you won't get it in time for T. season.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
I get my supplies from this gentleman, latex, frames, and tape.  Callpurrfect carries them also, but you will pay through the nose. I went in on some supplies with the guys from work, and for 25.00, I got enough to make a couple hundred calls. They run out of the latex pretty early, so I would give them a call.

Rooter

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys I will give him a call.

Rooter

Hey h2obobh2o I live down the road from you in Greencastle, which is just south of Chambersburg.

h2obobh2o

Reaction score
Hey Rooter,

Glad to see another Pennsylvanian on the board! I know exactly where Greencastle is, I work in the Chambersburg/Shippensburg area ocassionally. I live right off 81, close to Linglestown. The guy that sells the latex/ call frames is in Lewisberry. I can't wait until April 27th!! Good luck to you.

Top Bottom