LAX Shooting

JBarn3

Reaction score
Here is a passage from FOXNews.com about the LAX shooting.

------
Hadayet was the fourth person in line at the counter when he opened fire, authorities said. He fired 10 or 11 bullets before he was shot dead by an airline security guard.

Three other people were wounded, including a guard who was stabbed by Hadayet as he fought with the wounded gunman. FBI spokesman Matt McLaughlin said the guard will recover. A fourth bystander suffered heart trouble after the attack.

Hadayet was armed with a .45-caliber semiautomatic Glock pistol, a 9 mm handgun and a 6-inch knife. A law enforcement source, speaking on condition of anonymity, said Hadayet had owned one of the guns "for years" and purchased the other a couple of months ago.
------

He fired "10 or 11" shots. This shows that the stupid hi-cap mag band didnt help, as just about any double stack .45, most 9mm's and various other handguns are capable of 10+1.

"Hadayet had owned one of the guns "for years" and purchased the other a couple of months ago."

Shows that no waiting period would have prevented this act of violence.

When will they learn and stop making more senseless rules?

bigtroutbane

Reaction score
Sunday, July 7, 2002 3:22 p.m. EDT

FBI Mum on Source of LAX Shooter's Guns

While maintaining there is no evidence connecting July Fourth LAX shooter Hesham Mohamed Hedayat to any larger terrorist plot, the FBI has been silent on the origin of the guns he used in the attack.

Hedayat was armed with a .45-caliber semiautomatic Glock pistol and a 9 mm handgun when he fired nearly a dozen times at people working at LAX's El Al airline ticket counter, killing two and wounding four others.

"The FBI could have easily traced those guns by now," complained WABC Radio's Steve Malzberg on Sunday.

"But they're not telling us how he got the guns or whose guns they were," the radio host added. "Why not? Were they his guns?"

Four days after Hedayat's attack, there has been little reporting on the small arsenal carried by the Egyptian national into LAX - although the origin of the weapon used in any attack is usually considered a key component of a shooting investigation.

If the LAX shooter's guns were obtained from outside sources, it could blow a hole in the FBI's theory that Hedayat acted alone.

Citing a report in the Arabic language newspaper Al-Hayat, the Israeli news service Ha'aretz reported Sunday that the LAX gunman may have have had two meetings in the U.S. with a top deputy to Osama bin Laden.

"Authorities were checking whether Hedayat had met with Ayman Al-Zawahiri in 1995 and again in 1998, while the latter was head of the Al-Jihad organization in Egypt," Ha'aretz said.

JBarn3

Reaction score
<font face=arial size=1><blockquote><hr noshade size=1>
Four days after Hedayat's attack, there has been little reporting on the small arsenal carried by the Egyptian national into LAX
<hr noshade size=1></blockquote></font>

SMALL ARSENAL?!?!?!?!?

Then I take a LARGE arsenal with me just to go rabbit hunting!

tinner

Reaction score
if two hand guns and a knife are a small arsenal then most of us are a mid size army when hunting. it just goes to show how overly melodramatic the press is when it comes to reporting something that might bring in ratings or whatever award you get for being a top journalist.
i was wastching the plane crasah at puddingstone on the fourth of july, and it semmed like the reporters were very disapointed that it wasn't some kind of terrorist attack. i get very frustrated watching the news anymore, it is all about who can blow the story out of preportion the most. unfortunate byproduct of todays blood lust society, to bad reality cant be seperated from fiction in alot of cases.
:soapbox:
:rant-mode:
:far-side-guy-yellin:
:bag-on-head:
all of the emotions i went trhough in this post
:violin:

(Edited by tinner at 3:01 pm on July 9, 2002)

Kernhuntr

Reaction score
I think that gun control played a big part here.

I'm sure the El Al security agents did as trained and put two shots center mass to stop the murders.

That's good gun control.

Kernhuntr

shaginator

Reaction score
In my perfect world, everyone in line would have had their sidearms drawn on Hedayat's head before he could fire a single shot. My kind of gun control.

Nevertheless, the El Al security guards did their job well under the circumstances.

Also, the statements made by Gov. Davis and other officials, saying that this was an act of an individual with no ties to any organization?? What? We're gonna find out that this guy was a sleeper agent. We're gonna find out that this guy was sent to kill as many people as possible at LAX, just like those Palestinian kids are sent in with bombs tied to their belts. But for now the stupid media is gonna lay low, to avoid the embarassment of finding themselves wrong (once again) about their initial reports. You know what they're gonna do? They're gonna try to pin it all on Ashcroft, for "letting" the FBI report inaccurate information, and try to make their viewers/readers/listeners forget that Ashcroft has already thrwarted terrorist plans.

Wait and see...

Latest Posts

Top Bottom