LDC Ressie

Whoadog

Reaction score
 I drew #28 for LDC on Dec. 1, I forget how many blinds they have.  I was there three times last year and had blinds twice, I know a lot of people prefer free roam but I prefer to not have to worry about having someone set up next to me.  What are the chances of getting a blind with that number?  Thanks.

Brian

Soccer Dad

Reaction score
My thought is slim and none.  8,9 & 10 are the blinds that are open the longest.  But they usually go before res. #20.  However, there are so many no shows now you may have a shot at one of them being available.  Saturday's are usually a day with most resi's showing so it will be risky to expect a blind.
Just think, if you are in free roam, then you can take your dogs out and get a few roosters.  In the blinds you have to check out and back in to free roam.

Whoadog

Reaction score
 Actually the pheasant hunting was something I had in the back on my mind as well, all three of my dogs are used to spending long periods of time kenneled so that is not a problem.  Is steel shot required there for pheasants?

Brian

Greenhead

Reaction score
10 blinds total, and I would seriously doubt that there will be any left with #28. If you want to get away from the crowds though you can. Rule of thumb: The farther east you are or the farther South you are the fewer guys you will encounter. Of course, you'll encounter fewer birds, too, but that's the other side of the coin. Congrats on your ressie.

Fubar

Reaction score
I think if you are hunting pheasants only you may be able to use lead. If you are hunting ducks and pheasants or have any ducks in your posession I think you must be using steel. I am not sure about this so check the regs. Does anybody else know the reg for sure?             Fubar

feelinducky

Reaction score
If your hunting at LDC you have to use steel even if its for pheasants.  If its a private club you can use lead for pheasants only.

Whoadog

Reaction score
 The reason I asked about the lead for pheasants is at Gray Lodge as long as you do not have waterfowl in your possesion you may use lead for pheasant, but Gray Lodge is state run not federal.  Doesn't make much sense but I use lead when I can.

Brian

Mike Riley

Banned
Reaction score
Feelinducky is incorrect.  Lead can be used for upland hunting at LDC (snipe, dove & pheasant).  You may not attempt to take waterfowl with lead shells in your possession.  The Valley Federal refuges require use of non-toxic shot for chickens, though.

feelinducky

Reaction score
Guess I was wrong.  I have always thought that you had to shoot steel at any refuge.  I guess I need to reread the regs.lol

Latest Posts

Top Bottom