LDC

KID CREOLE

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Tell me how things work at Little Dry Creek.  How do they process res cards, how are the non res guys processed, is it free roam or assigned blinds?

Jay

Reaction score
First ressies are taken in numbered order.

Then the lottery guys are taken. The lottery is held the night before at 8:00. You must be physically present to have your name enetered in the lottery but you don't have to be present when the lottery drawing is done.

Sweatliners are taken last.

There are 10 three-person blinds which can be filled with up to two adults or an adult and two junoirs or two adults and a junior.

Typically all the blinds are taken by reservation number 20.

Blinds 9 & 10 are a hell of a walk.

There are no refills on the blinds.

Most free-roamers go out of parking lot 2.

No bikes. No drop-offs between parking lots.  

Woodduck

Reaction score
My week started of lousy.  A friend of mine drew a # 13 for Dry Creek for last Wednesday.  In six years of putting in for every hunt day, this was the first time he'd ever been drawn for Dry Creek.  And it was closed.  With the finally announced opening for Saturday, I went to Dry Creek Friday night to Lotto.  Had the good fortune to draw #8.  At the window Saturday morning I watched all the LDC ressies show, with a few no-shows.  Then they started in on the ressies for all the flood areas.  They filled and left many ressies still standing in line.  What a mess.  They ended up taking a list of the remaining ressies.  I waited out all morning.  At 12:30 they finally let the last of the reservation hunters in, and then they began Lotto's.  This situation is preposterous!  Why do they burden a very small area with intense pressure anyway with the responsibility to allow all of the flood areas ressies.  They even allowed Delevan and Colusa reservations on and those areas were open, but on reduced quota.  I guess I could have driven down to Gray Lodge and stared at an empty sky all day.  I finally did get in real late and got a couple hours of decent shooting.  But I'm nonetheless disgusted.

Jay

Reaction score
The DFG needs a stated policy on how they will handle flooded out ressies and quotas that are reduced after the fact. I'm surprised there hasn't been riots.

The other one I love is now that Jr. hunters are included in the quotas at Sutter and Colusa it is theoritically possible to fill them with the first 15 ressies.

(Edited by Jay at 5:48 pm on Jan. 13, 2002)

huntducks

Reaction score
Jay

They need a stated policy for all the refuges state wide not only for flood outs, but how they will conduct the lotto drawings, what time, exchanges so on.

Every refuge is differnt, I have hunted many up and down the state and there is NO consistancy, little or no instructions on a lotto at some, and getting a map at other is like pulling teeth, then when you get on at 4am in the fog the signs to the parking lots and or blinds are the size of a match book cover.

Our MONEY at work, i'm tired of hearing this crap we don't have the budget, but seeing there nice bird watching roads, platforms, tour guides and more and more acres into closed area's.

What do the bird watchers pay to get on a refuge if it is less then $12.50 per day you know who is not getting a kiss.

How many non-hunters belong to CWA or Delta waterfowl, I know that DU has it share of non hunting corporate money,but how many hunters belong to DU.

Just venting & still sick.

goin5150again

Reaction score
LDC was not suppose to honor reservations for Colusa or Delevan unless these two refuges filled their quota (which they did not).  If either of these refuges were to fill before a hunters reservation number has been called, the refuge would then call the other available refuges to let them know that they had filled their quota and that hunters were on their way over, or the hunter may choose to stay at the refuge where they were drawn and remain on a waiting list in the order in which the card is numbered.

Top Bottom