Lead ban being expanded - unless you stop it

wmidbrook

Reaction score
HIGH VOLUME....who doesn't get that there is absolutely no problem with lead except in areas where there is high volume shooting? IE duck refuges and varmits E.g. ground squirrel, prarie dogmas and the like!!!!!!

THIS REEKS OF POLICTICAL AGENDA AND NOT SCIENCE!!!!!

SHOW ME THE STUDIES (peer reviewed scholastic articles) and spare me the BS!:mooning:

dlovato

Reaction score
Here's what I sent to The Fish & Game commission... (fgc@fgc.ca.gov)

-----------------------
Dear Fish & Game Commission,

I recently heard that there was a proposed extension to the lead ban in "condor territory".

While I have nothing against the California Condor, approving this extension (small game and upland birds options) will further the harm the commission has already done to hunters with the original lead ban.

I have yet to see a single report that a SINGLE Condor has died of lead poisoning. Even from eating big game.

For small game and upland birds, it's even less likely for a condor to die from lead poison.

If the F&G commission wants to enact a law to help save the Condor, please outlaw removing dead whale carcasses from any beach - including tourist beaches. Dead whales are one of the primary sources of food for the Condor, and "humans" simply want to bury them in landfills, vs having them "stink up" a beach. Rotting whales being eaten by Condors is "bad" for tourism". Plus - dead whales are lead-free...

If this proposal is enacted, not only will it do nothing to save the condors (which are probably in-bred to the point that it's a lost cause anyway, and we've spent over $100,000 on each remaining bird), but will further infuriate hunters even more than they are, which, as you know, "sportsmen" bring in a significant amount of revenue for wildlife in CA.

Requesting that hunters in Condor areas use non-lead is reasonable. I wouldn't go any further than that. Making it a law just might cause a revolt that you'll never recover from.

- Darryl

dlovato

Reaction score
Read this...

California Condor - Junk Food - Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens

I think eating a bullet fragment out of a gut pile in the fall hunting season is nothing compared to what this Condor's chicks parents where feeding it....

There's a reason why species go extinct. Coyote's, Raven's, Magpies, Turkey Vulture's seem to be doing fine, and they eat the same gut piles for a month or two in the fall.

- Darryl

Top Bottom