leafy suits

SDsmokingun

Reaction score
Does anyone use an ASAT leafy suit? Are they any good? what do you think is better for archery a leafy suit or
a ghillie suit?

el_vaquero

Reaction score
I don't use an ASAT one, but I have one that I like. It's made of mesh with the leaves sewn on and it's nice in hot weather....I wouldn't got through any thick stuff with it on since it would get torn to shreds.

dwagoner

Reaction score
i would wear a leafy suit before a ghille suit, thats just too much in your way. I looked at the prarie ghost leaf suit last year at BPS, there nice and thin so there good for warmer weather hunting. Would prolly get destroyed if you had to get thru some brushy nasty stuff.

Raully

Reaction score
Asat makes a good leafy suit. Just make sure you wear an arm guard or tie up the sleeve so the string doesn't hit. I missed a huge 4x4 buck this year in D-13 when the string hit my leafy top. Sounded like a 22. going off. You can also trim the leafy parts on the inside of the arm. The ASAT camo really breaks up your outline.

SDHNTR

Reaction score
It's a great suit, just be careful if it's windy. The little pieces of fabric flap around and I can't imagine they look or sound like real brush or leaves.

SDsmokingun

Reaction score
thanks for the input guys. I think im gonna go with the leafy asat suit.

One Track

Reaction score
You'll like it. It packs up real small and light. . Deer will look right through you. In WY I had deer at 5 yds and they didn't even give me a second glance. However, like SD said, if you are in the wind and there are no other leaves flapping around, you will stick out, and the deer will not like it.

Zbearclaw

Reaction score
Make one to your specs, just need a big sheet of burlap, a pair of flight coveralls, or other coveralls, and some fishing net like mesh, and time.

You can dye the yarns to your liking, then after you have glued the mesh on the back of the coveralls you just tie the burlap strands to it.

Simple, and cheap as heck.

I had a homemade one a few years ago, but didn't like to deal with it for bowhunting so I have no idea where it is.

Advertisement

Top Bottom