• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Learning the new software. What do you like? What can't you find? What don't you like?

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
I like several things.

The push notifications on my cell.
I dont have to use the tapatalk app.
The warning if Im replying to a necro thread thats 3 years old.
When Im looking at a thread I see 5 sugggested threads of similar content at the bottom, i dont have to even do a search
And best of all, The pics work!!

What are you finding?

Brnsvllyjohn

It seems a little easier for me to navigate but I haven't posted any photos yet so I don't have an opinion on that part yet.

#1Predator

I like several things. The push notifications on my cell. I dont have to use the tapatalk app. The warning if Im replying to a necro thread thats 3 years old. When Im looking at a thread I see 5 sugggested threads of similar content at the bottom, i dont have to even do a search And best of all, The pics work!! What are you finding?
I like several things. The push notifications on my cell. I dont have to use the tapatalk app. The warning if Im replying to a necro thread thats 3 years old. When Im looking at a thread I see 5 sugggested threads of similar content at the bottom, i dont have to even do a search And best of all, The pics work!! What are you finding?

THE ROMAN ARCHER

What happend to our Thanks count. What is a reaction score?
And it would be nice if our avatar space size was just a little bigger....thnx...tra15686548238945376161112930093434.jpg

#1Predator

Well something got screwed with my first reply but everything seems to be work now. Getting used to the new layout. I like it so far.(y)

P304X4

Seems ok so far.....this ol' fogy is slowly adjusting to the new layout. What TRA said.

djbaxter

Support
Admin
What happend to our Thanks count. What is a reaction score?
The "reaction score" is basically Likes but now you have a choice of 4 other reactions to a post in addition to Likes.

Hover over the Like button for a couple of seconds to see the popup:

reactions.png

The first two (see arrows) add +1 to your reactions score. The other three are neutral but can be used to express your feelings about the content. For example, I might use the Angry Face on to express my reaction to a post about changes in regulations but I would mean that to apply to the regulation change, not to the member who posted it.

djbaxter

Support
Admin
And it would be nice if our avatar space size was just a little bigger....thnx...tra
Changing avatar sizes isn't easily done. It affects different parts of the forums and changes to the default sizes usually don't work very well. Often, the avatars end up looking blurry or pixelated.

jindydiver

great to see the forum still hanging on.
My favourite feature, and one I can't find here yet, is the "go to first unread post" button.

BelchFire

I speak fluent Vise-Grip
Admin
Yeah, I hunted that for a while and finally realized that it's doing it for me. I guess the opposite is to manually navigate the pages at the bottom or do a thread search if I want to find a specific post. It really makes more sense that way anyway. It's pretty basic to want to go to the first unread post and read chronologically from there. Good tweak! :)

Bankrunner

I've gotten a couple thanks on the old forum format and wondered who they were from. I like that you can see who gives a thumbs up or gives a reaction now.

THE ROMAN ARCHER

Ok the avatar size I can live with I will just use a avatar pic with a smaller bass...lol
One stat that I would definitely want back is our original thanks count, Me and other jho members have worked super hard over the yrs here on jesses to earn those by going out of our way to help jho members and their way of appreciation was shown by our thank counts. Most of those thanks were not just because someone like our post it’s because we went above and beyond to help other jho members in a very positive way. I spent myself Over 13 years here on jesses to earn most of my 298 thank counts without selfishness to help my fellow jho members and wiping them out means for me it was all for nothing if I don’t have anything to show for it and now it won’t give me the motivation help anyone anymore without the respect of the thanks.

There’s a difference between LIKES and THANKS, why can’t we have both features and stats that would make sense, Please I want my thank count back or I am definitely going to b reluctant to help members without the thank appreciation count. Have a great day!......tra

djbaxter

Support
Admin
One stat that I would definitely want back is our original thanks count, Me and other jho members have worked super hard over the yrs here on jesses to earn those by going out of our way to help jho members and their way of appreciation was shown by our thank counts. Most of those thanks were not just because someone like our post it’s because we went above and beyond to help other jho members in a very positive way. I spent myself Over 13 years here on jesses to earn most of my 298 thank counts without selfishness to help my fellow jho members and wiping them out means for me it was all for nothing if I don’t have anything to show for it and now it won’t give me the motivation help anyone anymore without the respect of the thanks.

There’s a difference between LIKES and THANKS, why can’t we have both features and stats that would make sense, Please I want my thank count back or I am definitely going to b reluctant to help members without the thank appreciation count. Have a great day!......tra
If I could do that, I would and gladly. Unfortunately, getting back the thanks count is just not possible. In the vBulletin forum, that was created by a third party addon; it was not part of vBulletin itself and the Xenforo importer only permitted importing the core vBulletin data.

While I agree there is a difference between Thanks and Likes, Xenforo follows the model of Facebook and other social media there Like is meant to express both. With reactions that has been expanded a bit, but Like is still the basic one.

Perhaps you can look at this as a new challenge - to start again and regain all those Thanks with Likes instead.

With Xenforo, you now have a much more stable and more secure product than vBulletin, one which is responsive to any newly discovered security vulnerabilities, and one which is capable of using the latest and greatest in server technology. None of those were true of vBulletin 4, which is what the forum was using previously. vBulletin 4 is not even supported any more and vBulletin 5 which has replaced it has a long list of its own problems.

djbaxter

Support
Admin
@THE ROMAN ARCHER

What I can do is manually change your Reaction Score (basically Likes) to add your old Thanks count and I have done that in your case, so your current reaction score is now 325.

If anyone else knows their old Thanks count and would like a similar adjustment, let me know.

Top Bottom