led light flashes irratically

Applbit

Reaction score
The LED light comes on and flashes irratically. The camera doesnt do anything.  What could be the problem?

im using the owl pf, rs sensor, 5vdc relay.

StringShooter

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a short somewhere. Start by retracing your steps to see if you made bad solder connection.

Applbit

Reaction score
ok well i hooked the relay up through the speaker wires cuz i couldnt hear the relay. The relay now chimes slightly (like it should) and the light lights(like it should) but when i turn the switch to the camera the camera does nothing. when i turn the camera on or off it trys to rewind the film for about 20 secs.  i hooked the camera up just like the picture using the grey telco cord does. should have i done it differenty?
thanks for the help guys(gals)

(Edited by Applbit at 3:20 pm on Dec. 10, 2001)

StringShooter

Reaction score
When you touch your two camera wires together, does it take a pic and does the flash activate?

Applbit

Reaction score
no nothing happens when i touch the wires together
do i have a short somewhere on the camera?

StringShooter

Reaction score
Your camera should operate when the two wires are touched. You need to start with the camera, that is where the problem seems to be. Check you connections carefully.

Arrowhead

Reaction score
Check and make sure you are wired to Pin #2 on the IC chip.
A friend of mine had the same symptoms and swore he was wired to pin #2 only to find out he was wired to pin #1. He was using the leg of a small can next to the IC as his  starting point for counting.

This was on the Radio Shack PIR. Not sure what your using.

Applbit

Reaction score
well i have checked all my connnections and they seem to be good. so i took all the connections off and put the cam back together how i bought it and it still doesnt work.(it did work to begin with) it try to rewind the film when you first turn it on and does it again when you turn it off.  
have i wrecked my camera?

Applbit

Reaction score
i dont have film in the cam. do i need film for it to work?

StringShooter

Reaction score
No you do not need film in it to activate it and cause it to flash.

And I think that you haven't ruined the camera either. Sounds like you shorting something out. Without being able to see the camera, it's hard to tell what you problem is.

Look at the contacts very carefully to make sure you havent made a error with your solder connections.

There are several ways to rig the camera. How did you do yours? I just bridge contacts 5 & 6 together and then solder my wires to #'s 5 & 6 and #4 contacts. I use a rigid one strand telephone wire, similiar to the wire that would hook to the wall jack inside your home. Makes for an easy job and
I haven't had one break off at all.

If your camera is not working, you need to give it a really good look over and see what happened to cause your problem. There is no way for me to know what went wrong.

Applbit

Reaction score
thanks for the help
i havent found out what happened yet. it took one picture but i didnt have the bridge soldered in yet so i dunno why it took a pic. ill keep looking and tell you how it turns out

(Edited by Applbit at 8:57 am on Dec. 11, 2001)

ONESHOT

Reaction score
Like stringshooter said, forget about the relay, pir, and led (for now).  Start with the camera.  Touching the two wires (or three wires, depending on how you wired it) together must cause the camera to operate.  If not, it has to be your camera connections.

Does the camera work when you press the factory shutter switch?

Applbit

Reaction score
well i never did figure out what happened.I went and got  me another owl and wired it exactly the same as before and it works like a champ now.

Top Bottom