LED WILL NOT COME ON

Hey Boy

Reaction score
I just finished wiring 5 Homebrew Trailcams. All went well except one. The LED will not light up at any time. I tried a new LED and it didn't work either.

The camera is a Canon Owl AF w/ round sw.

I'm using the RS  PIR and wiring it exactly like on Jesse's Page.  Any voltage or continuity test would be greatfull.

This is the third time I've typed this. 1st I deleted by accident and 2nd I hit reset.  DON'T DO THAT !!

Thanx in advance for any any and all help.  HEY BOY

davered1

Reaction score
check and make sure nothing is different from other cams that work. Then try unsoldering from switch and solder direct to make sure it works, might be in switch

Applbit

Reaction score
Check and make sure no bare wires are touching i had this on my first cam. just a thought.

Hey Boy

Reaction score
I fingered it out. I had the black and red wires backwards. Apperantly they cannot be put either way. The black  wire from the speaker must go to the black wire on the LED. Them boxes will be hang'in tomorrow.

I put heat shrink on all my connections.

This one had me baffeled, until I looked at the black and white schematic on the RS PIR design page. It plainly says solder the red to the red and the black to the black. My problem is that is used different color wires thinking that is was childproof.

Polarity very important on the LEDs  Thanks Again  HEY BOY

Top Bottom