LED

wolf

Reaction score
i finished my third cam today and went to set it out but when i put the switch on test to test the rs pir the led stays on for a long time before resetting. my other cams only stay on for a few seconds and then reset. this one stays on for about 30 seconds before resetting.i have them all set up the same.i have the rs pir switch set to the far right when looking at the sensor from the front anyone have any ideas what causes this

Passthru

Banned
Reaction score
 My RS pir takes about 30 seconds to warm up and reset,i beleive this is ussually the norm,does it work right after it resets?

Zeke

Reaction score
Mine usually takes about 30 secs also. It will go out after about 5-10 secs then come back on for about 10-15 secs. Then it goes out and shes ready.   Z

Hey Boy

Reaction score
 The delay in the alarm mode will be longer.  If anybody fired up the sensor right out of the box you see that the alarm goes annn--annnn --annnn--annn--annnnn ect. The chime only goes ding-dong twice. The reset delay for the alarm is going to be longer because it is buzzing for a longer period of time.

Therefore my conclusion is that the first two are in chime and this one is in alarm.

Either way if you switch to camera with the LED on you will fire the camera.

I know both of these situations because I've had both of them.

GO PATS----------HEY BOY      

davered1

Reaction score
wolf far right position is alarm mode(30 sec).If you switch it to far left will be 5 sec(chime mode).

But they all take about 30 sec to warm up, in chime the led goes on and off a couple of times,alarm it stays solid the whole period.

Rooter

Reaction score
Does anyone have a cheaper source for the RS LED with built in resistor?  It is Radio Shack part #276-270.  Here is the link Radio Shack part # 276-200

The cost at Radio Shack is $2.19.

Rooter

jayber

Reaction score
How about using an All Electronics LED and add your own resistor on the board......it's a lot cheaper!

LED-43      Super Bright LED          $0.50
               220 Ohm, 1/4 watt      $.05

(Edited by jayber at 2:03 pm on April 5, 2002)

Rooter

Reaction score
If there is no other all-in-one option I think I will do that.

Archilochus

Reaction score
Mouser has some for 0.49-0.60 US$ - #606-430xx - but they are not as bright as the RS parts.

BTW - I didn't see any mention of an integrated resistor on that page or in the RS paper catalog.  Make sure it has one if you use it!

Archilochus

woodsman

Reaction score
Not sure if this will help .On my first cam I instaled an led that i pulled out of a old ADT home security sensor it had no resistor ,it seems to work well ,I had seen them at RS in packs of 4 or 5 $3 or $4

Top Bottom