Legal hunting age

BAJA

Reaction score
Can a 9 year old get a hunting license to hunt small game

essmanfam2

Reaction score
Yes. There is no age limit on taking hunter’s safety and buying a license. She comes into play when buying big game tags (12). Oddly (and pleasantly) enough, CA allows junior hunters to hunt non-big game w/out purchasing tags for them and the licenses is steeply discounted for them. My two oldest have upland and rabbit hunted for around $12/year the last couple of years.

BAJA

Reaction score
Awesome,

Thanks. My 12 year old just got her license. May as well have my nine year old get it also.

Yes. There is no age limit on taking hunter’s safety and buying a license. She comes into play when buying big game tags (12). Oddly (and pleasantly) enough, CA allows junior hunters to hunt non-big game w/out purchasing tags for them and the licenses is steeply discounted for them. My two oldest have upland and rabbit hunted for around $12/year the last couple of years.

Awesome,

dummer71

Reaction score
Yes. In fact, the lifetime licence list "(age 0-9)" in the least expensive category, $562.25.

essmanfam2

Reaction score
BAJA, now's the time to have them get their license as CA has placed pause on the in-person portion and now it can be done entirely online. Hunting with my kids (ages 14-6) is the highlight of my life. My youngest loves to tag along and be my bird dog! Four of my five kids are pretty into it with me and we get to spend a lot of quality time together admiring God's handy work. The time together and the conversations are priceless to me... and hopefully them as well.

BAJA

Reaction score
Just an update. My youngest and my wife both took the online course. Household is all licensed now. House united.

Top Bottom