Legislation regarding Juniors/hunting!

LetEmWork

Reaction score
In regards to my post of earlier, here's the Bills:

Assembly Bill 35 (Shelley, D-San Francisco)

Senate Bill 52 (Scoot, D-Altadena)

Here's the skinny on these Bills:

These 2 Bills would make it illegal to loan a handgun to anyone who does not have a license or certificate, and would also make it illegal for the state to issue a license or certificate to anyone under 21 yrs. of age, thus promoting anyone (including parents) from teaching a youth to shoot a handgun.

Even worse, these Bills would make it a criminal act to loan or even let anyone under 18yrs. of age just hold ANY FIREARM....including RIFLES and SHOTGUNS! This would pretty much stop and end ALL junior hunting, shooting or training!

So there ya got it!

What is your recourse? Well, not that it will do any good but, better call your Senate and Assembly members and ask them to vote "NO" on AB 35 and SB 52. Remember, the juniors right to hunt may be a thing of the past if these Bills aren't stooped NOW!

These Democrats have gone WAY TOO FAR in my opinion!

BigDog

Reaction score
Thanks LetEmWork. I am researching them now. If this article is acurate, then we need to call out the troops and get the bills squashed.

JustBob

Reaction score
Both bills deal with issuance of handgun saftey certificates.
AB35 says none to anyone under 18
SB52 says none to anyone under 21
Here is a link to the Assembly Bill
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquer...;author=shelley
Jim Mathews had a column in June on these and some other bills pending right now. You can read them here in the archives under Column 13 Jun01.
This has got to stop!
What would happen if a kid picked up a handgun to protect his mom from being raped in their home? She becomes a felon?? Shot em kid!

Greenhead

Reaction score
So would military folks be included in this genious plan/ban? Geez, I was shooting a gun before I learned how to ride a bike.

Top Bottom