Leisure World Ca. Rabbit Explosion

Sodhunter

Reaction score
Saw something on the news last night. Leisure World, a retirement community in Seal Beach, CA., has a rabbit problem. They had news cameras in broad daylight panning around showing hundreds of rabbits and turds everywhere. They are eating gardens and flowers and going crazy. They are paying over a hundred dollars per rabbit to live trap them, transport them to Riverside, and shoot them. Seal Beach will not allow poisoning or even professional hunters with pellet guns to shoot them. This is a private gated community of elderly people that want the rabbits killed. Said there would be an article in the LA Times today but I would not wipe my ass with that rag so who knows what their take on it was. This state is doomed.

swampy tim

Reaction score
Seems the grounds keepers should take matters into there own hands, after dark of course. Yum, garden fed rabbit, a delicacy. S/T

TonyS

Reaction score
The article from the Times quoted the chief of police who said that he couldn't possibly allow any 'projectiles' inspite of the skill of those manning the pellet guns. What a load! Wonder if the chief's cousin is making enough money at this?

So the residents pay over $100 to trap and move each one of the bunnies. They also had their share of blue-haired eco-terrorists who didn't want anything to happen to the rabbits.

Orygun

Reaction score
They should bill the folks that want the bunnies for all the damage that is being done. They could then make then pay pr or clean up the dead bunnies when the populate to the point where disease kicks in and wipes them out.

RVRKNG

Reaction score
Stupid is as stupid does!:archer green:

Marty

Reaction score
They need to think outside the box(trap). First, and foremost, after dusk. Either get a couple good dogs, or get up on a stand and plink downward into the sod.

Mntngoat

Reaction score
I'd lease out Rex the wonder pup to them. There would be no noise to speak and only fur would be in the air. That should keep the police content.

ML

Sodhunter

Reaction score
There are at least 50 people on this site that could solve their problem and quite possibly even do it for free and give other people a good time in the process. Instead a bunch of our senior citizens are paying out precious money and putting up with a pain in the ass because we are a country owned and operated by lawyers and litigators. This burns me almost as much as people abusing kids. I want to go help these folks out but can not because of liability. Bullshit!

Speckmisser

Reaction score
Just a thought... if the residents are seriously opposed to paying $100/rabbit or whatever the real cost is, they don't have to. They have the right to step up and demand better...even if that means killing some rabbits.

We can get all righteously indignant if we want to, but as long as those folks keep paying for someone to "take care of the problem", it's their own burden to bear.

Sodhunter

Reaction score
Just a thought... if the residents are seriously opposed to paying $100/rabbit or whatever the real cost is, they don't have to. They have the right to step up and demand better...even if that means killing some rabbits.

We can get all righteously indignant if we want to, but as long as those folks keep paying for someone to "take care of the problem", it's their own burden to bear.
The Seal Beach PD will not allow poison or shooting of any kind. How can these folks "step up and demand better"?

They were contemplating importing coyotes even but worry about pets.
This is a very nice retirement community that at this point has two choices. Walk in rabbit pellets and look at half eaten flowers and vegetation, or pay over $100 a rabbit to trap and shoot them elsewhere. I have a problem with these elderly folks having to "bear this unnecessary burden".

D3Lifer

Reaction score
It's their problem, they need to step up and demand an alternative to being fleeced. If I lived there, no rabbit would be safe on my property, bunnyhugging neighbors and city be damned.

Latest Posts

Top Bottom