• The forum is now running on the Xenforo platform. The first time you log in here, you may have to reset your password by doing a password recovery. Your login info will be sent to the email you have listed on your account; please check your spam or junk folders if you don't see it in your inbox. If that address is invalid, obviously you won't get the email: In that case, use the contact form or the envelope icon at the top right of the header to send us your member name and a current valid email address.

Lepold VX 6

Hog slayer

Has anyone have any experinces with this scope. I have read a lot of good information about this scope. I just would like to here if anyone has sued this scope on their gun. The claim to fame is that when you congraph the bullet and send the results back to Lepold they will send you a costum turret for you gun. Just install it and your ready to shoot at all distances. Just turn the dial and its right on from 100 yards to 600. I just not quite buying it.

cjack

I have it and like it, I have not purchased the turret option though. I sighted it and marked the stock turret for 100-500 yards for my gun and hand loads. I've been tempted to get the custom turret for ease of use.

Planetcat

I've had the 2-12x42 model for about a year on my .300 win mag rifle. It's a typical high end Leupold scope. The 6x magnification range is very convenient, but I have to say you can't just be focussed at 2x and jump to 12x and stay 100% in focus. It's close, but still a little blurry at both ends of the spectrum. The glass is clear and fog proof. I was able to pick out deer at 300 yards in freezing cold rain without fogging up. My .300 win mag is short barreled for hogs, deer, and bears in thick timber. It's the perfect scope for that rifle. I didn't get the custom turrets, because I shoot a variety of factory loads depending on what I'm hunting. If you shoot similar loads consistently, Leupold will dial in the custom turret adjustments properly. It's a good scope, but expensive and if you don't need the wide magnification range, you can get a vx3 or vxr or Zeiss for similar or less money.

Last edited:

k_rad

I have it and like it, I have not purchased the turret option though. I sighted it and marked the stock turret for 100-500 yards for my gun and hand loads. I've been tempted to get the custom turret for ease of use.
Cjack, What kind of loader do you have?

cjack

Cjack, What kind of loader do you have?
I have a Lee loader, I like the quick change feature on their dye's. Nice pick up on the T-3 k_rad. I have a Remington 700 that I love but it was a bit heavy so I picked up a Tika T-3, both in "308". The Remington is more durable than the Tika and I can shoot more rounds at the range between cleanings without losing accuracy but after a lot of work was able to develop a nice accurate load for the Tika that I feel confident with for hunting situations and the T-3 is a joy to carry especially on long hikes.

Top Bottom