Let the 835 do the talking

Gus

Reaction score
The birds around my place haven't really been gobbling that much and when I could actually get one to answer my calling, when I would try to get closer or get him to answer again they would always shut up. So the last couple of weekends I have been sitting around my cameras where I always get their pics during the week, but on the wkends all I would see would be hens. Yesterday I walked around the pasture and never could get one to answer me, so I went and sat by one of my cameras. About 7:30pm I seen a hen coming my way, so I got the shotgun up and ready just in case. Finally I seen a red head bobbing thru the weeds towards me, so when he got within range I pulled the trigger on the 835 and down he went. Then I looked to my right and seen another red head running for cover, not sure how big he was, but I sure am happy to have finally got a gobbler this year. Weighed in at 18 pounds, 6 1/2 beard and both spurs 5/8

ilovesprig

Reaction score
Congrats Gus,

Don't know why I ever switched from from my 835 Ulti-mag. It's a turkey killin' machine.....

Gus

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ilovesprig @ Apr 30 2008, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Congrats Gus,

Don't know why I ever switched from from my 835 Ulti-mag. It's a turkey killin' machine.....
[/b]
I really like this gun, I bought it mainly for turkey hunting, then me and a cousin got into predator hunting. It has also taken several coyotes, bobcats and lots of grey fox.

ouachitamtnman

Reaction score
Nice job. I just got me an 835 this year. Plan on getting a new choke for it by next year. I reallly like it

Gus

Reaction score
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ouachitamtnman @ May 1 2008, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Nice job. I just got me an 835 this year. Plan on getting a new choke for it by next year. I reallly like it[/b]
I have tried several different chokes with mine and the one that came with it seems to work the best.

skeeterbait

Reaction score
Congrats on your bird. I too use 835's for turkey, have two older models.

Latest Posts

Advertisement

Top Bottom