Let's see some pics of your rigs

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
I first learned to drive off road in my uncle's old 1955 Ford pickup chasin rabbits in fields in Iowa as a kid of 12. I couldn't shift that manual for anything and my cousin just groaned every time I tried to change gears.

My first 4x4 was this 1972 Chevy Blazer I bought off an army sergeant in Germany for $3,000 in 1979. He had rolled it and I had to do some fix up on the fiberglass top. This pic is near the Ramstein AFB on a German tank course. We would go out and challenge the tanks to a race and whip them most of the time. One night it cost me a front axle from launching off a jump several times with no trussing. Dumb thing to do since I had to order the axle from the USA for mega shipping charges. This Blazer was totalled in a head on wreck with a kid speeding who spun out of control in the rain.

This was my 2nd 4x4 a 1975 Dodge Ramcharger that replaced the Chevy Blazer. I believe I paid $3,000 for it in 1984. I wish I had known about the sucky front hubs that wore into an egg shape after 20k miles on them. Also, the 360 was a lemon, no juice and with the narrow cylinder wall clearances you couldn't rebore them. The roof came off like the other Blazer so it was a decent cruiser at the river or Palm Springs spring break.

The Warn 12,000 lb winch saved my butt more than a few times except when we buried it face first into a huge snow drift dodging a dern mule near Big Bear Ca. Took us about 2 hours to dig out that front end to get to the winch.

My current truck is a 1990 Chevy Blazer. I'll have to get some pics of it to post here.

So let's see what your rides look like.

Thonzberry

I just posted about my 1975 4X4 Chevy Blazer I had, I cry :crygreen: when I think of it. Sold it when I bought my house. I'll get some pics of it and my new one.

(Edited by Thonzberry at 11:24 pm on Dec. 25, 2001)

Marty

Here's a shot of my truck.  The other shot is under the tire thread.

I don't thrash as much as I used to.

I wheel enough to get me away from the "public shooting line" and hike in from there.

marmot

Here is my rig. It will go about anywhere. No roads to speak of in Alaska but there must be a million places to land in the bush and nothing but a cub can get you there. Something about the size of a tennis court is adequate for landing as long as the rocks are no bigger that loaves of bread. I have hauled more moose and bear meat in this rig than I could count.

We do have vehicles to drive around town and we run in four wheel drive for 7 months a year. Kind of on road off roading.

http://server3001.freeyellow.com/akcubdriv...r/cub1rak50.jpg

Marty

That's a great shot, Marmot.  You came in so low you took the rack right off that moose with your strut!

BTW, what is the payload of that tundra-bug?

Arrowhead

Here is my truck.

97 Ford F350 Crew Cab, Powerstroke

The only thing missing from it is my JHP sticker.

Gun Docc

Hello feller's ,

here is my everyday driver ,1978 Chevy 4x4 with lost of goodies but needs a little cosmetic's.....lol
been driving this sheen since 1983 and still going strong

this was taken a few weeks ago when we had a little snow and i was out fer a sunday drive on the deer hunting property.....hehehe

Later,

spectr17

Administrator
Admin
Here's the current sled. 1990 Chevy Blazer. Stock 350, Rancho 9000 shocks with a 3" lift. 33" Big O Mudders. Factory posi in rear which is pretty weak. Gears are 3:73. Going to 35" tires so I'll need to regear it to keep the overdrive useable.

Marmot, them moose antlers or tree limbs hanging off them struts?

coyote

here's my rig,  the thing has chased deer all it's life and is dependable.   stock everything....4" lift , rancho shocks,33's,warn flares,all alluminum accesseries...yoteee'

Tominator

Looks like I've come to the right place for advice. The Turkey Hearse  is a stock '88 chevy K1500 and I'll get a photo on here shortly. I've made no mods since all the guys around here go to extremes and then destroy it in the mud and I want function to be the main ingredient of what I add. I've hunted out of this truck for 6 years and never been stuck but I have avoided a few places during that time.
Tominator

JohnsIslandBoy

This is my '96 Bronco. On the day I picked her up.

Only have 31.5 BFs under her for now.. but she has gotten me thru some pertty nasty mudd soup.

Canus latrans

For several years this F150 4x4 and the 1964 Scotsman rebuilt have been my transportation and home while hunting.

After the last season, it was time to expand.  I set out looking for an old, two axle, light weight trailer to modify and carry my Honda ES Fourtrax.
This trailer was unusual because it didn't have a bathroom in the back, which would have eliminated one very important aspect.
The trailer is a 1971 Shasta and must be completely renovated to allow for the bike.

These are pictures in progress.  I hope I can show some finished pictures while on a hunt.  Thanks.

Hogskin

Banned
Nice rigs, guys.  

I've got a wife & twin boys, so I drive a bone stock clunker Ford F150 (1996).  When I see those pictures I yearn for the days of the K5 Blazer.

Regards,
Paul

shrtcirkt

Well, I like to see what every one else is running around in, so I'll add a pic of mine to the mix. I've had this 4x4 for 20 years now, and it still runs great!! I've had the atv for 2 years and it runs good too

Kernhuntr

Hey Songdog, what year is your'e Bronco? I've got a 70' that used to belong to my father-in-law. It's not much now but at one time was in a ton of off-road mags. He used to doll it up with Hickey off-road parts out of Ventura.
I've got a 2000 F-150 4by now so it does'nt get rode to much.
Kernhuntr
p.s. nice looking rig ya got

shrtcirkt

Thanks Evan, I do have to admit that there is probably not a nut and bolt on that rig that I dont know. I did a total on it about 6years aga and it was worth it. Everything in my scout works, right down to the original cigarette lighter and with over 240,000 miles on the 345ci there is still no place that I am afraid to take it. it's never left me stranded anywhere.

Top Bottom