Lets see your reloading bench

deerhunter1

Here is my new 12' reloading bench / gunsmith bench in my shop. Man I cant wait to wear off that new finish! Sant clause is supposto bring me some new goodies for my bench.

Attachments

deerhunter1

the top is 2, 2x12's and a 2x4. There is a 2x4 band going all the way around the top and every 24 inches there is a 2x4 with a brace going to the wall. It should be pretty strong I got on it and did a little jumping and it dident move.
I also put 4 coats of shelack on it to seal the wood from getting any gun oil or gun fouling on it.

EMSFlyer

deerhunter1,

Very nice! After seeing your reloading bench, I'm a bit embarassed to show mine.

Definitely not as well finished and "a bit more" cluttered--not to mention all the hulls that I need to catch up on after bird season ends.

At least now I have something to aspire to.

deerhunter1

I hope mine gets allot more cluttered after santa brings me my gifts :xmas-hat:

I started out with a little stand that was about 4'x4' so i understand the clutter problem. I just got tired of it and cleaned out a wall in the shop and built it in about a hour and a half. the sanding it smooth took the longest though. Anyhow glad that it turned out as well as it did.

Dave in LB

Well mine's not so clean as yours nor so clean as it is in these pictures. I've since added a Craftsman metal wall cabinet too.

The accessories Shelf and the wood rack above.

Mailman Bill

Here is a pic of mine. It is sort of cramped for space for right now but I have another wing to add onto this one. It's for reloading rifle and shotgun shells. The shotgun reloaders are attached with bolts with wing nuts so I can remove them while I reload my rifle shells. I definitely need more space and shelves.

Attachments

foulshot

I was searching for pics of guys bench set up and rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd dig this one up and see if we can get it going again...

Show me more pics!! The good, bad and the ugly! Help me, and others, learn from your pro's and con's.

Thanks!

jmabbott888

Here is mine the night I finished it. the press mounts on the left side. The press is mounted to 2 boards & slides into a groove so I can switch presses easily. The back has shelves for brass & moulds, still haven't transfered the bullets & dies over yet, they are still in a cabinet.

Attachments

Mntngoat

we bought a new to us home, and I'm taking over one BR for reloading bullet making. Gonna gut the closet and remove the returns on the walls and remove the header for the closet and building in a reloading center in the closet along with counter space on all walls. I'll build teh base canbinets and then probably have either laminated maple counter tops made up or will use quarts to match the vanity's in the restrooms.

No more dirty, garage for me. Be nice to keep all my reloading gear dust free as well.

ML

Bob R

Dillon Super 1050 on the left set up for 223, Dillon XL650 on the right and a Lee Turret Press in the middle.

myfriendis410

Here's mine: Three MEC loaders, a Hornady 366, two Dillons and a Rockchucker with all of the miscellaneous crap that goes with it. (And about 50 lbs. of powder)

Bwana Turtle

Bob R, Are you using the Dillon carbide dies in the 1050 ? If you are, how do you like them and how's the ease of use ? Sometimes I wish I hadn't sold my 1050, but only sometimes. It sure was fast though.

Bob R

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bwana Turtle @ Jun 23 2008, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Bob R, Are you using the Dillon carbide dies in the 1050 ? If you are, how do you like them and how's the ease of use ? Sometimes I wish I hadn't sold my 1050, but only sometimes. It sure was fast though.[/b]
I'm just using the regular Dillon steel dies that came with the press. Even with carbide on rifle rounds you have to lube anyway. It is set up for 223, and that's all I have ever loaded on it.

Mntngoat

Just finiahing up mine. It's 1-3/4" thick maple and 6' long. It will get my bullet presses mounted to it this weekend. The ledger is 4x as is the post and stringers and my gang bunch rolls underneath.

ML

Top Bottom